The responsibility of hackers

You may also like...

1. Milk says:

Beautiful post, well said wololo. Maybe one day sony will see it in our eyes, to be able to allow homebrew support, and possibly emulators under their sleeves, but that’s not likely to happen..keep up the great work wolo, I love your post’s, and I actually take the time to read them out.
    -Josh

2. SONYSON says:

Will an adjustable Spring works with my Integra STOCK SHOCKS?

3. Iono says:

Get rich… It solved Sonys problems…

4. Centollu says:

What’s up with Ridge Racer? ;) I bought it and I’ve found your previous post really funny. This with only knowing your blog since a week ago. Have you thought if they had read it?

I just want to thank you for your work.

5. francesco ita says:

Everytime i read your blog the esteem that i have towards you grows more and more!

Keep going on Wololo :-)

Francesco

6. Caio says:

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but isn’t emulation illegal? Besides, I can easily use HBL to download illegal ROM’s and play it on my PSP/Vita.

Nothing against you, though. Just pointing out.

• wololo says:

This is why I explicitely mentioned that no psp/vita piracy was involved. I personally make an ethical difference between pirating content that just came out, and content that is 20 years old. But technically, yes, downloading roms from older consoles is still piracy, yes.
      Emulation in itself is absolutely not illegal.

• master00d says:

In fakt playing roms in a emulator is not ilegal as long as those roms are taken from your game(that one you actualy bought)
      Its called back up ;)

7. SsJVasto says:

Hey @Wololo,

I used to read your articles off psp.dashhacks.com, but figured it would be better to read from the source (and give you hits). One thing I’ve always wondered since I started on the PSP scene like you is:

Why don’t homebrew developpers push towards code signing instead of loaders such as HBL? I’m not saying it’s a bad program, I’m just wondering if it would be more convenient to write a game that will work out-of-the-box on a stock PSP. Of course, I’m unaware of legal issues, like “you can’t use Sony’s encryption key” or “code signing can lead to piracy”, but PRO-CFW is signed and supports piracy, so that’s a non-issue now.

@Wololo: What’s your opinion on code signing VS 3rd-party Homebrew loaders on PSP?

8. Aaron says:

While I will openly admit (unlike a lot of people) that I am a pirate and am not ashamed of it, I am also a person who is happy with what I get. If all I get is some great emulators of 20 year old 8 bit games then that`s awesome because frankly, I`d rather have that than any of the games available for my Vita right now. I have a 50 dollar psn card and am waiting for the next exploit game just so I can play some old rpgs on my system. This alone does not make me a pirate any more than making a copy of Rap Trax 93`that I have owned since 1993 does nor does it make the developer (in this case Wololo) a pirate OR an enabler of pirates. If someone uses a weapon improperly, Is it the manufacturers fault? Even better, if someone uses a Nike golf club to kill someone else then Nike should be held responsible for said murder. Honestly, as I write this I have become stunned that this argument even has to be had in this day and age. I`m beginning to think Darwin was wrong.

9. darkenvy says:

Hes probably going to think your me XD. Your name is sooo similar.

Wololo ignore those noobs. Anyone who actually follows your stuff knows your intentions are good.

10. ps, I laughed at the release post

1. March 27, 2012

[…] While any exploit will be worrisome to Sony and any third-party/indie Vita developer, he emphasizes that the exploit “does not allow people to pirate any PSP or Vita games… People who […]

2. March 28, 2012