VHBL: name of the new exploited game will be announced soon

A few weeks ago, I released a fully working homebrew loader running in the PSP emulator of the Vita, thanks to the exploit from Teck4 and to the portability of VHBL. Sadly, despite my attempts at letting a high number of people know about the exploit in a minimum amount of time, lots of you missed the opportunity, as Sony removed Motorstorm from their store within hours following my public announcement. But we’re back with a new game and a new version of VHBL, thanks to the work of developer wth. As wth himself announced on /talk, we have been busy getting ready with the release of the next VHBL (he’s done most of the work, with also some help from Teck4 for the JP exploit, I am just announcing the release and was not directly involved in the exploit or the port), using a new game.

I will announce the name of that game soon, here on this blog. Assuming Sony didn’t change their strategy overnight, they will remove the game from their store within hours following the announcement. I cannot announce the exact day/time I will reveal the game, as this would most likely sink my server, but I’m talking hours/days rather than weeks/months.

Some people are already aware of the name, and that could include you if you’ve followed how we do these releases now. Don’t blame it on me afterwards if after what happened with Motorstorm you still don’t know how to get the game before the name becomes massively public, especially since I’ve been fairly explicit this time.

The game is, as far as I can tell, once again, not available on the US store, sorry for that, we don’t really choose. If you decide to buy it from the UK, a 25£ PSN card will cover for the price of the game. Some shops online can sell those cards and send you the code by email within minutes, if you live for example in the US.

Like for the Motorstorm exploit, please remember that all you get with this is VHBL, a PSP homebrew loader with limited compatibility, and that it is also very possible Sony patches the game before you can get to run VHBL. Please remember that last time with Motorstorm, Sony stole money from some of their users by not actually letting them download the game, and not issuing a refund (if that happened to you I strongly suggest you complain to Sony, btw). This could happen this time too. Eventually, buying the game with the exploit is your choice, not mine. It is possible we will port VHBL to other games, but as I write this, I am not aware of any other working implementation of VHBL. There are lots of user mode exploits lying around, but not all of them can lead to a successful HBL port as of now.

Additionally, please note that this release has absolutely nothing to do with Davee’s recent Kernel exploit. As a matter of fact, I contacted Davee and other trusted sources for this exploit, who confirmed to me there is no plan to release that kernel exploit for now.

Stay tuned.

1. TrowaX31’s avatar

UK in general, there is a lot for sell on Ebay for about 40 buck Canadian roughly about 25 pounds. Ebay seller 1g-mantle has them and its dispatch really quick.

2. vhblyeahright’s avatar

and it will be announced here! after they remove it again :D

3. Enygmx’s avatar

Any news?

4. Ravenous’s avatar

I Got the Newest CMA for my vita and i see that psp saves are new in a kategory i think Sony Patched CMA to Copy VHBL per Savedata!! pls show that its worked with new manager!

1. darkenvy’s avatar

What about using the old installer for CMA and deleting your registry keys for CMA? Doesn anyone know if its legal to share CMA installers? (knowing sony it could be illegal :P)

1. sortadan’s avatar

Content manager hasn’t been updated since the end of Jan and still works just fine, this is a non-issue at the moment.

5. the king’s avatar

pls send me an e-mail with the name of the game?
    dyzel_89@hotmail.com

6. Draygon’s avatar

That’s it, wololo!!!!

Send the name of the game via e-mail to us. So it hopefully won’t get public and sony can’t remove the game!! :)

it would be really nice if you could also send it to my mail
    my mail:
    draygon91@vista.aero

thanks <3

7. Terry’s avatar

doesn’t hurt to ask Thanks wololo for your contribution send it to my e-mail if you can :D. Clarkalel@live.ca THANKS.

8. tndo’s avatar

if you send by mail, I be very grateful! and if you would, we can help you to send another people.

tndo05@hotmail.es

9. Twizzer’s avatar

Hay Guys.. Wololo said the name will be comming soon ! Pleas Wait Som Times! But I Will Hope The Game is Free ore Cost not more than 20 €.

MFG Twizzer

10. NOT COOL’s avatar

Wololo, please reply me as soon as possible.
    I only have 18eu in my UK account is that enough because I can’t afford a new card for now.

11. Cyril’s avatar

En tous cas beau boulot, j’ai eu accés au VHBL sur Motorstorm grace a vous et je vous en remerci. Je laisse mon Mail NagTox5@hotmail.fr si vous pouvez me donner le nom du pour avoir la seconde faille Merci. DSL je ne parle pas anglais :(

12. avenger’s avatar

great job wololo i hope this release is more successful than the last one(which was a great release,given the circumstances)
    also if sony patches the exploit why not make a tool that edits the update files like the ios hackers made to preserve the baseband.
    i also suggest you check out the ios scene as you might get a lot of good ideas from it

1. avenger’s avatar

also if the cma was hacked once why not see what possible vulnerabilities in the cma

13. bob’s avatar

Hey Wololo,
    Why not hold off the exploit till after the Vita fw update in early April?

14. little-vince’s avatar

please send me the name of the game to my email.
    admin@sony.com

Seriously guys, if you want the name of the game, just register on the talk forums, it only takes a few minutes.

15. fate6’s avatar

stop asking for a email its starting to get anoying

16. ashxiii’s avatar

hi wololo!
    we are here and we support you! whatever if we can’t have The game! please just do it and keep going man!

17. Clarkalel’s avatar

so Everybody’s Tennis is the game ?

18. kabo’s avatar

please send me the name of the game to my email.
    kabochan_going_my_way@hotmail.com

19. Romin Khan’s avatar

hey guyz can u please tell me is there any free games available for ps vita on psn?

1. 大日本’s avatar