VHBL, some games that work, some that don’t

You may also like...

1. 313150N says:

Waiting for the gpsp kai support… it’s my favorite homebrew :)

Did you try to put the emulator into fake fat mode?

Keep the good work man… and sorry for my bad english.

2. gpsp kai worked for me at first, but now it won’t load roms, strange… hopefully someone can tweak it a bit because it runs everything full speed unlike snes9xTyl, emuMaster runs perfect, I’ll give picodrive and FCEU-PSP a try later

• warfaren says:

The problem is that the first time you load a rom, a save file is created. The next time you try to load the rom, and the save file exists, it will crash. If you delete the save file again (using PSP Filer for example) it will run again, but what’s the point if you can’t save your progress? Also loading save states crash to a black screen, so no go there either.

3. raziel says:

what abt the PSPdisp ?

4. Dazman says:

PSP Fuse, PSP Vice, PSP Vic20, PSP Handy, PSP Caprice all work, in fact I know it is said to not be possible but some apear to run smoother and faster. I test all the lastest versions. Hope this helps.

• Teeworld says:

I´m sure it does. I tested a lot brews with hbl since. ~rev.70-80 and share some new compatible stuff around the web and @ Wololos blog. Then it started testing other stuff. Once i read total noob posting that he is back couse of audio mechanica is working which triggers to point for kernel access or something in that way^^ .. what you wanna read? yes i´m thinking i was may one of the persons which used audio m. with hbl :P … and posted it… whatever another fortune: I found a windows/iphone/ubuntu homebrew (compatibel with hbl) not sure which first.. this brews use some extra floders (plugin, system) so i was a littel proud to find them and share this. Not much later people posted a isoloader is in work for hbl. a few moth later tn released his hen.

Long story short yes test and reports should help. but for real i don´t like is not working result

5. rumos says:

Thank you very much wuolo for all your work and the list of games working. I have a question, about ScummVM. It’s running fine, but when adding a game it causes a freeze. I have Version 1.4.1. Do I have to consider something?

6. zaiii says:

wan kommt den mal ein tut :D

7. Soup says:

Looks like modnation racer is available again. Perhaps they patched the exploit?

8. warfaren says:

PSP Filer 0.6? Is that a typo? If not, I don’t see the point in recomming people to run such an old version. Myself, I’m running version 5.7 which works great and I see other people here saying that 6.6 works too (which is what i think you were intending to type)

Btw, a thing that bugs me about Doom is that there seems to be no way to bring up the in game menu, I believe this be related to that maybe it’s mapped to the PSP home button, which we cannot use in this emulator afaik.

Also getting Quake to work would be very nice.

Other homebrew I’ve been hoping to get to run is PSP Dosbox and Wolfenstein 3D (which runs, but when you select which episode to play nothing happens, copied off my PSP 2000 where it worked).

Wifi seems to not work either, is that correct? There’s a lot of nice homebrew using wifi (even just for LAN, people will probably want to block their Vita from the internet).

Other than that I must say VHBL is fantastic, I’m having loads of fun with it!

9. delta191 says:

Tested PSP MAME4ALL v4.9r2 Hires by TTYman
    it works well until you want to change to a different rom.

Because the emulator needs you to press the PSP home button to exit to rom menu. pressing this on the Vita and this screws the emulator up :(

pity TTyman chose the psp home button to exit to the rom menu, or we’d have no issues with Vita.

Picodrive 1.35
    installed ok but unable to run any rom, although all the roms are all displayed and are selectable. Others have had same issues.

PSPUAE
    installs great but then crashes out with black screen.

mh gpspkai
    this GBA emulator works fine.

snes9xTYL
    Well behaved and runs with little hassle, i did get one crash when making a savestate though.

10. Darkest says:

Will the issue when you exit the VHBL and the Vita goes to slowmotion untill you force turn it off be resolve?

11. TransX2 says:

Hey, Thanks Wololo. Anyone try daedalus yet, other than Wololo? How does it run? I remember it barely ran on the PSP. Also, Wololo, have you ever checked out the #vitadev channel on the EFNet irc server?

• wololo says:

Haven’t checked yet, I’m not a massive irc user

• warfaren says:

I’ve tried daedalus. Only R13 works for me and the x64 versions don’t seem to work either. Super Mario 64 runs pretty ok, but goldeneye 64 doesn’t get past the rare logo (at least not with the default settings, maybe we can tweak it to run)

Goldeneye has always been slow though, even on the latest x64 release

I don’t think we’ll have a fully enjoyable N64 experience on the vita until the vita mode is hacked and a good N64 emu comes out for it.

12. I love PSP revolution.
    For me it’s definitely the greatest homebrew game ever.

13. Assassin MoC says:

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2415ahh.jpg[/IMG]

Look at this!!! We might just have a possible solution ….
    But May take sometime

14. Assassin MoC says:

Look at this!!! We might just have a possible solution ….
    But May take sometime

15. Iono says:

I want to play free official vita games…

16. Kravenbcn says:

I see you said that Wagic works in his Vita. In my Vita EU does not work, occurs error C1-2858-3.

I’m testing with my Vita EU, I have a list of working homebrews: http://daxhordes.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=7760

17. Kravenbcn says:

Oh, thanks, had not seen this version :/

18. Loedi says:

Eh wololo you sc*** with the relase , but as i said i will give you another game [ 30 min of coding]
    Every game that is using third party services from psp can be adjusted to glitch the console and prepare attack for it , so use Buzz!: Brain Bender [ buffer overflow ] its very easy , i saw yours skills but as i have major problems in my country with police i will not upload any files . And some advice easy to look for exploit is to lok for usage of ram of any game , like FF: Crysis core it can be used to crash the system via generating yo many responses , the game will crash and then the exploit can be written into the system [ because game is almost all the time using 64 mb of ram ]

19. topede says:

Does Ceres, the asteroids clone for PSP work?

20. andré says:

Good afternoon guys, just one question, I wanna know if the game that is used for the vhbl is one game that everybody knows ?, because the super collapse vhbl, almost nobody even know that this game exist…sorry for my bad english, I´m from Brazil, and thanks for all the job that you guys have been done.

21. Titor says:

if you want it so badly learn how to program and make your own cfw….

1. March 6, 2012

Nintendo Emulator Games Download…

[…] in fact I know it is said to not be possible but some apear to run smoother and […]…