VHBL will be released later today

Although I couldn’t confirm myself yet, many trusted sources have made me know that Motorstorm Arctic Edge is indeed not available anymore on any PSN store.

I think this is a foolish move from Sony and I’ll be sure to keep that in mind for a gigantic hoax next time I’m posting in my blog.

I could wait forever, never release HBL, just to put them in that awkward position that they are hurting their customers just based on some random dude’s blog post, but I guess not releasing HBL would hurt my reputation more than anything else now, and honestly I could live without the stress I’ve been through over the past 24 hours, so I think I’ll feel a bit relaxed once the files are in the open.

Hopefully some of you managed to download the game before it was pulled off the store. I’ll try to release the HBL files as soon as I get home tonight, although I don’t know yet when that will be. At worst expect VHBL to be available within 24 hours.

Sony’s reaction to this event is a valuable experience, and proved me (was it needed?) that future hacks can’t rely on any content that needs to be downloaded from their services. I really thought announcing only the game name without giving away the files would buy us some time (I’ll blog about the release process in another post), but it seems Sony is giving me much more recognition than I initially thought (and than I deserve).

I’m sure many of you think you’d have had a better way of releasing this exploit, I hope I’ll be able to explain my choices later.

1. sculiX’s avatar

Good news! thx for your work wololo ;)

2. KvD’s avatar

waiting happily, playing motorstorm^^

3. Astromatik’s avatar

too bad for others. I already have done for patapon 2. Vhbl finished quickly please!

4. while’s avatar

Hope you finish soon lol

5. Guest’s avatar

Confirming, the game was removed from PSN Store in EU (Germany) till morning I think. It must happened between 23:00h and 9:00h in UTC+1.00

6. Mart’s avatar

I didn’t download PS Vita Manager before, I just did and tried to install OpenCMA but gives some error in DOS mode.

Did Sony just patch PS Vita Manager already or something or is Windows 7 just fucking stuff up again…

1. Beastes6453’s avatar

To install right click on run.bat and run as administrator maybe help

2. Rico’s avatar

theres a v2 of the opencma. I got errors too but v2 fixed it

3. Rico’s avatar

try the v2 of the opencma. i got errors too but v2 fixed it.

7. sculiX’s avatar

Sony and most other people know, that wololo is the best ;)

8. Logan’s avatar

Okay…Okay…On the one hand Sony already mentionned they would employ all means to limit hacking of the vita they’ve already started by making these f****expensive memory cards and forcing updates to the limit of legal…on the other hand it means that your work is considered seriously. you’ll have to be careful with the next releases…

9. Joan’s avatar

Sony fast and furious

10. Soczi’s avatar

So it is a full blown war than. I hope Sony gets a nice kick in the balls for fighting it’s own customers.

1. Zepid’s avatar

I don’t get it why Sony tries to keep its system so locked down. Imo, Sony should get a system like HTC, where you have the choice to unlock your phone’s bootloader, and lose your warrenty with that. HTC actually sees the “developers” as a different customer, and offers different tools to satisfy that customer. Im loving that!

1. UE’s avatar

Look if sony had a free APi, even a heavily locked down one that they were allowed to change at will devs like wololo wouldn’t have to do this.
        I would love a comic reader on my psvita, I would love some nice fun vita games for free that use the different controls because indie devs can come out with the wackiest stuff at times.
        I would like to see firefox ported to vita ffs

1. Brad Grenz’s avatar

Isn’t that the whole point of PS Suite?

11. while’s avatar

It’s a normal react form sony guys. What do you expect? The finality of all of that is appz loader. Because there is ALWAYS someone to code one of them, so for sure sony will fight with the hackers

12. Seroczysnki’s avatar

Unbelievable. I was getting online with my 1.06 FW Vita last night but all PSN cards were sold out. I was hoping one buying one this morning in a real store, but the game was already gone.

Good luck with the release of VHBL. I’ll be following it closely..

1. Mart’s avatar

Same overhere, I jumped on a bike and went to a store to buy a physical 20 Euro prepaid card boxed. I kinda sensed Sony going out full force this time after the OtherOS on PS3 stuff…

BTW I didn’t download PS Vita Content Manager before, just did this morning, tried to apply OpenCMA but it gave me some error in the DOS screen… Did Sony already alter the manager too or was this Windows 7 failing…

1. Seroczysnki’s avatar

I didn’t use OpenCMA, just a ‘local’ proxy server and wanted to download it directly on the Vita from the PS Store.

2. Shinrow’s avatar

Have you tried running it with admin access ? I had to do it to have it running

1. Mart’s avatar

Yeah I ran on admin, I switched to my XP dual boot and made a backup in there of the game, so its all good now! Waiting for HBL release and see what Sony is up to :-)

13. Yomen’s avatar

Бля и из Русского всё удалили сони гниды !!жадные.

1. Eco’s avatar

!!!!ان ما تقوله غير مفهوم ىا أىه الغبي

1. Zepid’s avatar

Exactly.

1. StepS’s avatar

he means that from the russian store the game was also remove. and he says rude words about sony

14. Andrew Wright’s avatar

thank god my dad let me use his card to buy the game yesterday. its your work and you can choose to release it as you see fit but in my opinion you shouldn’t have released the game until today cos most people get paid from work on a Friday and there’s prob people out there that have missed out cos they didn’t have the money to buy the game yesterday, I would have been one of them if it wasn’t for my dad. i don’t wanna sound ungrateful for the work your doing though, keep it up wololo :)

1. GaryR’s avatar

There will always be one reason or another not to release until X day because of Y. If you can’t afford a €20 game until you get paid you probably have bigger things to worry about than homebrew.

1. Mart’s avatar

Agreed, there is always someone that couldn’t get it for some specific reason. And having no money for a 20 Euro game because someone gets paid on Friday? We get paid overhere once a month, its called making sure you have some money left…

Anyways, curious now that certain people got the game and others don’t, if the homebrew scene will jump on another game that has an exploit soon or it’ll take a long time to release the next.

15. Nerke’s avatar

I tought there was a second game for an exploit?
    Will you keep it secret?

16. Yomen’s avatar

Спасибо.Надеемся что есть хотябы ещё одна игра …

17. swatsqad’s avatar

FOR FUCKS SAKE stop asking about another game exploit, I’ve told you a million times to download the game ape quest. but most of you are probably batshit blind hating retards.

thanks for the hbl wololo, I’l try to port it onto that ape crap.

1. crow132’s avatar

give me a reason to belive in you

18. svenn’s avatar

I’m very interested in your reasons. I believe HBL is very portable, so I don’t get why you take this much time. I doubt psp vita psp-game exploits are so hard to find. So in no way this is a once in a lifetime way to run homebrew. But i’m waiting for your explanation :)

I’m not waiting for vHBL btw, I don’t own a vita .

1. Jarod10’s avatar

More Furious than Fast =)

19. daiailong’s avatar

Sony fast and furious

20. cscash241’s avatar

no one connect your vita to the internet untill we find out what the fuck kind of crap its sending and reciveing from sony, if you would like to help me find out, dns spoof any urls that go to sony to your computer and run a packey sniffer to see what its sending and on the reciveing half idk

21. Iono’s avatar

Bummer, all this waiting for nothing…

1. Mart’s avatar

Not if you were right on time ;-)

But agreed, shitty if you missed it. Pretty sure there will be other games soon though using an exploit.

22. urk’s avatar

All the contents currently written in there are facts.
    He leaves the rest to the method of you.
    Let’s give you these titles in which exploit exists.
    Then, good-bye.
    Good luck to examination.

23. Z3r01’s avatar

I didn’t buy the game but I’m ok with it. I didn’t want to keep factory resetting just to play snes9x…but I will wait for a USA exploit and use it then. I have a psp that does this now with no flaws

24. urk’s avatar

All the things currently written here are facts.
    All the game titles of exploit currently written here are given to you who are here.
    Please make it like.
    It prays for a future examination.

25. snail’s avatar

Im gonna end up spending so much money buying these games that have exploits… screw it, i might donate instead of paying sony for a game i cant download. Do i get anything good for donating say 50USD to you wololo? Like letting me know what game to get a day before you publicly release? I can keep a secret :) i just dont want ALL my money going to sony for this atrocity!

1. logan’s avatar

I would donate too!

1. zimond’s avatar

and who could tell that you or someone else isnt a guy from sony?

26. m0X’s avatar

so a damn stupid idea ; unbelievable

1. Snail’s avatar

you’re a stupid idea

1. m0X’s avatar

(y) hey man, you are the hero ;)

27. Snail’s avatar

well ive been going on this site for years and ive made a hbl easy installer that was used on many psx scene sites…. i hope im trusted

28. SURF’s avatar

I got the game, but i want to know what happen if i dont use openCMA and if i stay connected to the network?

1. KenshinX’s avatar

If you stay connected to net, and using official CMA; that software will request you to Update PS Vita to the newest Firmware.

2. The boss’s avatar

for now nothing but there is a chance Sony Will update Your PS vita in the background and with this update they Will propably patch the exploit

3. SURF’s avatar

Ok thanks, i was thinking that they could block my ps vita or someting, or ban my PSN accounts.

29. Badsam’s avatar

Got the game myself last night before it was removed. Disabled wifi, Bluetooth, Location data and set the Vita to airplane mode.

What will the process of putting VHBL on the Vita actually involve? Just plugging it into a PC via USB and copying some files over into a certain folder like on the original PSP’s?

1. KenshinX’s avatar

Not that easy, you need to copy the files using openCMA (unofficial CMA, modded by VirtuousFlame)

30. ???’s avatar

Sony removing Motorstorm after the announcement clearly suggest that Wololo is recognized by Sony as a legitimate source, and I don’t know if its a good or a bad thing.

Even though the game is removed by Sony there are still other games with exploit and HBL is portable so now is the time not to update!!!

31. Johan’s avatar

I did buy the game Yesterday when I read about it. I not mad at wololo But I am very mad at sony. the took charge for the game and my Vita started download it but now it can’t complet the download. If sony tock charge for the game I will have the right to download it ? or am I wrong about that?

32. Red’s avatar

Sony is too dum to take out the game , same thing happend with apple when the ipad 2 hack was discovered and put out to the public over 3 million ipad 2 was sold and it was a major hit for apple :s sony was suppose to give this exploit a lil more time rather of pulling the game out.

1. logan’s avatar

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!

33. ichiwang’s avatar

Waiting for you tonight >.<

1. The boss’s avatar

propably bullshit

2. The boss’s avatar

but it does look good

3. Shinrow’s avatar

Working ! But don’t know why it is there before being on wololo’s blog…

1. the boss’s avatar

wololo isn’t home yet propably Mb is a tester

2. the boss’s avatar

He is not home and Mb is propably a tester
        but how did you put it on your ps vita?

34. windgust’s avatar

hi i see that psn removed it. well if its a psp game why not look for it in the stores put it on the ps3 then move it later to vita. or that cant be done?

35. while’s avatar

\o/ thanx Mb :)

36. Dutt’s avatar

Talk forum is not working for me..

Wololo: how do i delete Homebrew that does not work?

1. Dutt’s avatar

its ok i worked it out..

37. Anon’s avatar

i purchased and downloaded the Motorstorm Arctic Edge game and i also hijacked the link so i have copy of the pkg with the vulnerability, if sony put a patched version of the game on the store maybe we could use charles to link to the pkg with the vulnerability and install that instead of the patched version? looking forward to your release!

38. Norml’s avatar

$ony is dumb, but it’s their own downfall, homebrew will survive & next time, that just might open the Vita.
    Only hurting their own business, thanks for letting us know $ony.

39. littlewater’s avatar

if you post (intently) the wrong game name, that game also would be removed, right- -?