VHBL for Motorstorm Arctic Edge Released!

If you are lucky enough to be one of the few owners of Motorstorm Arctic Edge, VHBL is now available for download.

Please report Success/Failure here or on our forums.

As you will see, installing homebrews is a bit of a pain, so if you’re a good hearted guy who understands my explanations in the readme, please feel free to share homebrews packaged “correctly” for VHBL. Note: you can have several homebrews in one “install” file. For example if you zip all your PSP/GAME folder, all the homebrews in there can be installed at once by VHBL.

Download On the VHBL page

Credits

HBL port to the KR/US/EU/JP versions of the exploit by Wololo
Thanks go to:

• Teck4 for the Motorstorm exploit
  • All the devs who made HBL what it is today, in particular m0skit0 and JJS
  • Mamosuke, j416, Some1, and all the other devs who kept the secret, that’s much appreciated guys
  • Monsieur2T2R for the cool VHBL icons/wallpapers

For now, I’m off to bed, but I’ll be sure to post more in the days to come, with updates, tutos, technical explanations, etc…

1. Mercutio’s avatar

Hey wololo, any word on the other game mentioned yesterday (the demo)? Id test it out myself, but i sold my psp awhile ago.

2. jasontim’s avatar

Hey wololo! Please dont’t just focus on the PSV. Look at the little pool boy Wagic okey?

3. mamosuke’s avatar

Thanks for your effort.
    We will be able to cooperate with you next time.

4. screwed’s avatar

NOO im like 1 day late to buy it plzz find another game that haz a vulnerability i want vhbl on my vita please find one!!!!!!!

5. William Harper’s avatar

Thanks a lot Wololo! Have GBA emulation running! Bought quite a few games on the PSN so if the next update breaks the hack I’ll just stick to 1.61… cheers :)

6. Police’s avatar

Lmao now its not enough you’ve found 1 exploit these ppl want even more coz they didnt trust u enough to buy the game

7. swatsqad’s avatar

Well, I Myself failed to port vhbl to the “other” game.
    wololo, thanks for the release, If you still have some time, port it to the apes.

8. Revenant’s avatar

Thanks again, worth the wait, jamming doom right now!!!!

9. scot’s avatar

Yea, thank you very much… I remember you said “it won’t be like you go to bed and next morning, it’s out and already finished” or something like that. Well, guess what, there people who doesn’t check your website every day and if you post “it will be released today”, it’s like you didn’t post anything. I was hoping you would be kind enough to post something like “it will be released after 1 week from this post, exact time, be ready”. Well, nevermind I guess, I’m just disappointed

1. wololo’s avatar

Here’s what I did to make sure you didn’t have to lose sleep over this:
      - announce the name of the game starting on February 21st, to the people who were able to read between the lines of the vhbl page
      - For the public announcement, not release the files at the same time as the name of the game, in the hope that Sony wouldn’t remove a Game from their store without any proof of the exploit. That was a poker move, and I failed, but even at the worst, the game was up for about 12 hours between the announcement and Sony’s reaction.

I said I would do my best for you not to lose sleep over this. I believe I did do my best, and that the goal was achieved: most people don’t need 12 hours to sleep. If you don’t check my site every day, it’s your problem, not mine, I did my part of the work as far as I can tell.

If I had said “this will be announced on xx/xx at hh:mm”, not only would it have been exactly the same (Sony removing the game within hours), but in addition to that, my server would have browned out, so you wouldn’t have been able to get the info. And you would have been disappointed anyways because the announcement hours would have been the middle of the night for you, or in the middle of the day when you’re at work, or something else…

1. Dutt’s avatar

You’ve done an excellent job Wololo.. Working very will on my Vita.
        Keep up the good work..

Ps. could you update Vhbl to add an option to delete. whould be very handy.

1. warfaren’s avatar

or you can just use pspfiler 5.7
          it works perfectly for deleting stuff.

2. phazik’s avatar

You’re a self entitled idiot scot, the fact that wololo i seven making such things for both the psp and ps vita is already great, and any little whiner should go make something valuable themselves before complaining about small things.

10. Kil’s avatar

All Hail Wololo!!!

11. andwhyisit’s avatar

I still think that finding a way to directly access the memory card via the vita’s usb would be a better starting point. CMA can read and write data to and from the card, and it would be alot easier to run CMA through a debugger to find out how it accesses the memory card than to try and find an exploit within a closed system that will only get patched up a couple of days later.

1. wololo’s avatar

Right, I do agree. I consider VHBL as an apetizer: we are using old tricks in the PSP emulator to have fun while we wait for the main dish :) As I said many times, lots of people who are much more clever than I am are looking into many ways to get access to the Vita.

2. andwhyisit’s avatar

Nevermind. I figured out why this isn’t possible.

12. tarikmaz’s avatar

Any ideas on a game for the us. Go for metal slug because its cheap and it look hackable

1. wololo’s avatar

If people send me game exploits, I’m willing to port HBL to those exploits, or to help them do it. I however don’t have the time to look for exploits, so at the very least I need a savegame that does the minimal task of overriding $ra

13. hiyo 4life’s avatar

Aqe Quest has been identified as one that works.

14. hiyo 4life’s avatar

Sorry meant to say APE QUEST and it’s free demo on PSN (all regions).

Here is the evidence from the coder:

wololo thank you for looking into this in the event this can be ported.

· 1 · 2