Vita HBL, how the release will happen

1. Kylejc86 says:

Hey Wololo you can now transfer us and uk games to the vita as I have just sent over the grand theft autos etc to my UK psn account on my import vita so are you going to check if it works on both US and EU soon?

2. HackThiefCoder93 says:

Wololo!, U.s Ps Store for the PsVita is Up, I just downloaded some games for it last night around 8-9pm

• wololo says:

Thanks for the info. I’m away from my Vita for a week or so, so it might take time for me to test. However, I don’t plan to buy the game in every store, I’m not made of money, I can’t really afford to buy the same game 4 times just for the sake of homebrew.

3. HackThiefCoder93 says:

4. HaloFreak says:

Sony just makes me sad these days. I’m gonna buy a PSV, but I’m disappointed it has no UMD drive. I have quite a PSP library of UMD games, and I want to be able to play them on the PSV, not have to carry around a PSV AND a PSP. Sony has some *** idea to release some registration program that lets users register their UMD games, but then they have to download the games at a DISCOUNTED PRICE. Sony wants us to pay TWICE for our games. I’m gonna wait until there’s an ISO hack for the PSV, then use the PSP ISO maker to convert my UMDs into ISOs to play on the PSV.

5. HackThiefCoder93 says:

Sorry for the double post and I know, I just wanted to inform you that the store was up

6. StepS says:

Hi. About loading PSP backups, would it be possible to use the new Fake NP 1.0 (with 6.60 support) from tpu to pack them? Just a guess: after all, the eboot which was made through the fake np doesn’t require a kernel mode, so that would possibly work with the current situation. That’s not to feed the pirates, but it can still be worth given a try 😀
    PS: do you know if it’s needed to buy again the games that you bought on PSP?

• wololo says:

No, it’s not possible (for now) because you can’t copy eboots to the psvita.
      And yes, I think you need to buy the games twice.

7. Notwololo says:

All you guys on about piracy are dicks, end of. It was guys like you that *** up the psp and made the software devs turn there backs on it. I really hope and think this exploit is known by Sony and they’re allowing low level psp home brew access in order to thwart piracy of the actual Vita games. That would be a good move on their part and maybe make sure the Vita stays piracy free.

8. NitsudR says:

Wololo you will be waiting for the official feb 22 release day correct? Not feb 15 when the early bundle goes out? I am still unsure if I am going to use hbl myself after jail breaking my iPhone, wii, and psp, because of the cat and mouse game of updates I find I don’t have the time for, I would rather spend my time gaming, and with this cma from Sony it seems like this will be more time consuming than before, I have too much money spent on psn just give me games, I do appreciate all that you have done for me wololo ( and all the developers ), making the psp users experience better and easier, keep doing what you do, thanks !!!

9. Creepy says:

i live in Iran which is going through some kind of Domes day and i am in no way able to get anything from psn! so there is no way i can use hbl or anything like that unless it be a demo.
    the funniest thing is now the pirated games price is kinda like the original games in other countries(just kidding its almost there 😀 )

10. wolo-lolz... says:

this hacking will kill the ps vita, just like what it did to psp.. developers will stop making games, and sony themselves will stop supporting it..

• wololo says:

Well, first, that could be true if HBL allowed people to play pirated games, which it doesn’t. Second, the few official games I play, I buy them, so how about you go complain to pirates instead of me? Third, honestly, I couldn’t care less. I like the PSP and the Vita for their hardware, not the official software on it. So, I don’t care if Sony stops supporting the Vita. Actually, my psp has never felt better than the day Sony stopped releasing useless firmware updates that are here only to patch exploits.

• UE says:

The psp never had developers stop making games for it, it just never had many consoles shifted FROM THE START..
      We never got many great games over in the west to start with far beyond when it was first hacked and even when it was hacked don’t think that this suddenly changed the minds of all the developers… That is incredibly naive and just you listening to the excuse of why the console failed.

Piracy was an issue but not a huge one like was said, look at the freaking DS… more piracy on that than any other console in existence and even easier than the psp.

The psp failed because sony likes to cripple itself and over in the west we got *** movie port games and the like, over in japan they have the visual novels and rpgs… This is why it succeeded more over there, simple… Better games.

Also their pricing and need for accessories just to play it added to the consoles size stopped many as well and by the time a year or two passed most people I encountered online and EVERYONE I encountered in person didn’t want one because “it sucked and the ds was better” or just “it sucked”

Oh and before you call me a pirate I am not, the only game I have “pirated” is KH BBS because I bought a go and then found out they weren’t releasing it but I wanted to play it on something better than my psp 1000 (oh and I did buy the game too)

11. santos says:

^ quoted for truth!

12. technical says:

You should announce another game that isn’t the exploit first, then see how sony reacts. After then, collect the data and plan out how to do the real thing.

• UE says:

sony won’t react till it sees the exploit in action… a bit hard to find out what is being exploited in a game without knowing what to patch.

And I think they MAY loose a fair bit of business if they start taking games off their network with NO PROOF of any exploit existing

13. santos says:

The anticipation is killing me :))

14. crap says:

Hey does this mean we can run user made apps too? such as remotejoylite?

15. Viral_Weaponry says:

Today is the day!!! I hope I can get my hands or virtual hands on this game! 🙂
    50 mins and counting!

16. Viral_Weaponry says:

btw what do u recommend? a physical game or a psn card?

• wololo says:

the exploit is in a PSP game, so there is no physical version available for the vita. Don’t buy a psn card yet though, please wait for more info before buying anything.

17. Viral_Weaponry says:

Ups sorry about that, i just have my hands on this fancy hardware and its awesome. Btw pandora detects it as an android device 😉

18. w00tguy123 says:

Very excited for this release! With the Vita’s fancy new hardware, I’ll bet some impressive new games/apps can be made (unless the cpu||gpu are limited in some way?).

19. gammelforce says:

are you *** kidding me still waiting for the release of the hack and we have the 23th of feb. ? ..-.-

20. wondering says:

Where the heck is it already?

21. Dombre says:

Hello now I could be doing something wrong, I want to lead with that because this is my first time doing anything with hbl or vhbl. But I utilized the PS Vita Homebrew Preparer tool and preped a DGEN 1.70 Lite package and then installed it into VHBL. I instantly got a crash.

22. XanthousC says:

You should have some kind of sign up of email to the the name of the game to. Just an idea.

1. February 16, 2012

[…] emulator. What we’ll get are the PSP homebrews that you already know. Continue Reading More Here http://wololo.net/wagic/2012/02/03/vita-hbl-how-the-release-will-happen/ SHARE Related posts about this topicVHBL | Vita Half Byte-Loader Release in a few days […]