HBL confirmed to run fine on Vita’s firmware 1.52

Today developer SKFU was able to confirm that my port of HBL to Teck4′s exploit is still working on 1.52 (this also means that Teck4′s exploit is still here on 1.52, which had been confirmed by mamosuke a few days ago). He also confirmed that the potential vulnerabilities and other stuff he’s found so far are still available in vita 1.52, so it’s relatively safe to upgrade to 1.52 if you own a Vita (I am myself still on 1.51). On Twitter he also posted a picture of a homebrew running through HBL.

I want once again to thank Teck4 for the trust he put in me with this exploit, and for agreeing with the idea of making this exploit available to trusted people like SKFU before we attempt any public release.

source SKFU

1. Alex’s avatar

wow, that’s great news, people can fearless update his/her PSVita-s, Browse PSN and use HBL same time :)

Thanks Wololo SKFU and Teck4

I only hope to have the game that HBL works on :S

2. Razorbacktrack’s avatar

How can I be a beta tester ?

1. wololo’s avatar

Basically we don’t need beta testers. HBL has been beta tested for months in 2010, and works as good as it can.

1. Reine’s avatar

yup, eliminating unnecessary risk, ie: leaked..

1. Razorbacktrack’s avatar

Oh yes,you are right :( Ok thanks anyway If you want I’m aviable :)

2. syafiq tatsuya’s avatar

wololo just want one question…does hbl able to play iso file in anyway because i been thinking about to buy 32gb for vita or i should buy a psp because of my psp have broke i just cant wait to play psp game:( so how??.. new psp or 32gb momory card for vita :D

3. Crimson Flamebreaker’s avatar

Great to hear that it’s safe :D

4. Mathieu’s avatar

Nice one guys! Keep up the good work and thanks!

5. Filipe’s avatar

Nice to see how your good work is goin’ all of you. The best time to possible release this exploit, or hbl for it, would be probably a time after the release in other coutries, so that everyone would enjoy using this exploit, am I right?

6. Numb.X’s avatar

it’s so good to hear that . & i hope sony won’t patch it.
    yea we don’t want free games .. we just want to enjoy the old games in this freakin console :D.

7. Laot Sbru’s avatar

tq bro..:)

8. Reine’s avatar

actually i’m rather surprised, why Sony released CMA for Windows, not OS X, when majority of Japanese uses Mac OS X..

1. wololo’s avatar

I don’t know why you think the majority of Japanese use Max OS X. There is a vast majority of Windows users from what I know, like in any other country.

9. rafael707’s avatar

dont mean to thread jack, sorry wololo, but i found an error/glitch, maybe its vulnerable?

here

10. Guardian’s avatar

Hey Wololo! I know this is a little off topic, but it was just me or your web site was having some issues? I had a hard time yesterday and today trying to access to it! I was fearing the worst (Seriously, I thought you were sued or that the web site was shut down by our “friends” the feds). Anyhow, I am glad I see the blog running normally.

1. Guardian’s avatar

Sorry for the double post, it is just to clear things up, it is not like you have a reason to be sued for. The feds or any of the companies don’t need one, they just pick on someone randomly and then screw them up big time.

2. wololo’s avatar

There were several problems yesterday and today, including a DoS attack, but also random system failures. Especially, as a direct consequence of the megaupload shutdown, people are downloading much more directly from my server, which increases the load. But overall things should be ok now.

11. syafiq tatsuya’s avatar

wololo any idea to put all my pspgo game that is eboot on psvita?

12. syafiq tatsuya’s avatar

any idea to put eboot file in psvita?

13. syafiq tatsuya’s avatar

i hope they is a way :D to any play psp game on psvita

14. syafiq tatsuya’s avatar

i just hope they is a way to play unsign code psp game on vita :D

1. rafael707’s avatar

no and no

15. syafiq tatsuya’s avatar

why ??? i think they is a way to play unsign code psp game into the vita because how wololo put (Snes) doom emulator running psvita right?