Meanwhile, in the real world…

Doom3 Open Sourced

Yesterday ID Software released the source code of Doom3 under the GPL License. Those of you who feel that the Vita would love to run a port of Doom3 should start digging in the thousands of lines of code of this beast even before the vita is out. “Sadly”, it’s C++, so don’t expect to port it smoothly to the Playstation Suite :)

Samsung VS Apple – Fight!

Samsung released a commercial mocking Apple’s fans.  The commercial opposes people who blindly follow a brand VS people who care about the functionality of their phones rather than the brand behind it. Unfortunately, it’s not like the iPhone 4 is a bad phone, and the commercial does have to mention the name “Samsung” for branding purposes, so it kind of fails on that aspect. Still a good laugh, except for a few iPhone owners who, based on some comments on the youtube video, forgot their sense of humor when they clicked “play”, and think the commercial is some racist anti-american propaganda.

PETA, please say no to drugs

The association for animal rights PETA claimed that the Mario Tanuki outfit (in the latest Mario episode on the 3DS) is  “sending the message that it’s OK to wear fur.” (sic). I’m all for animal rights, but I think the PETA should have a look at some important cultural things in Japan such as the kigurumi. Obviously, Mario is not wearing a dead animal’s skin, but a cute costume. Next thing they’ll say that teddy bears send the message that it’s ok to own a wild animal in your appartment.

Oh well, they also released a video game, were you get to play the Tanuki. Give it a try before the PETA gets sued for copyright infringement.

Japan is such a cruel country. This image sends the message that killing Santa's reindeers is ok

1. eternity’s avatar

LOL
    I have to say that I’ve been an Apple fan for quite some time now and I’ve never really liked Samsung. Of course, that commercial isn’t going to change my mind about getting an iPhone but it’s… Um… Kinda creative, I guess…
    Well, not really, but If that’s what Samsung is doing to try and get customers now, I think I’ll actually stay away from Samsung and continue to stick with Apple.
    And about the PETA thing… I think they’ve lost their minds.

1. taha’s avatar

FIRST thing apple is so much costly, second apple does not have technology which samsung have, third have u ever compared apple 4s with samsung galaxy s2. Apple will never stand near to s2 in specs and perform. IF U DONT BELIEVE SO COMPARE 4S AND S2

2. Shinny’s avatar

well samsung is a good company… they make not bad tabs but still Apple is the leader on the other hand… Jobs dead so i dont think that apple is going to make something original soon … about PETA… yeah it is sure funny and at the same time reaaly stupid…

3. cobaltex’s avatar

the raptr client recognises mario kills tanooki 0.O

4. kodex’s avatar

lol, nice updates.

5. 0M9H4X’s avatar

well if you aint got no iphone…. then you got no iphone bro.

6. jlo138’s avatar

My friend had to take apart is iPod Nano to replace the screen. The chip inside the iPod is Samsung brand. It was stamped so you would know. I personally like Samsung. We thought that was really funny since they are competitors.

7. ken’s avatar

Wow, six new posts this week! I owned products by both Apple and Samsung, and I think both company made very good products. Both the iPhone 4 and Galaxy 2S is too expensive IMHO, so I have no comment on that. But I’m always in for a good fight, the bigger and the nastier the better. ;)
    PETA has gone absolutely INSANE, are they out of animals to protect?
    The last picture of the akachan is just too KAWAIIII. Is that your baby?

1. wololo’s avatar

Thanks, yeah that’s my kid, he got this ridiculous (but super cute) outfit from a friend of ours.

8. Norml’s avatar

LoL, Peta is going after Mario now…good luck.

9. phels’s avatar

The game’s actually kind of fun. But the whole thing’s pretty misguided. Who plays Mario, sees him in his tanuki get-up and thinks, “Hmm. Fur’s pretty cool after all.” No. One.

10. cabbrick1243’s avatar

I was going to comment on the opportunities that the release of Doom 3′s source presents and show my own hatred of Apple, but due to the high amount of grammar usage that is lacking in the comment section, I don’t think it would do much good.

1. wololo’s avatar

You’re a bit tough on this, I think people commenting here have in general a better grammar than the internet average. Especially in this specific post, I don’t see anything shocking. Keep in mind that for most of my readers, English is not the first language.

11. alexthealligator’s avatar

Next thing you know, PETA is going to do something against EPIC MEAL TIME VIDEOS on youtube; & beacon strips, & beacon strips, & beacon strips, & beacon strips, & beacon strips, & beacon strips, & beacon strips! :D