Free art for your games

You may also like...

1. svenn says:

This is probably one of the major reasons why every programmer has tons of w.i.p. games on his hard drive, never gone be released. Thx for your usefull links ! =)

2. eternity says:

Thanks, I will keep that in mind when I make my own games. I am a horrible modeler/drawer.

3. jlo138 says:

Never really considered this as an issue. I’m an artist with minimal PhotoShop skills but I like you wololo, just had a baby and my time is on that now. I sent you my hbl drawing while back ago with the original version un worked on so someone could do something better with it for you. I mainly do writing in a style. I posted on talk forums under the contest one of my pictures I did. Alien 2012. Wish I had time to offer help for you but I didn’t realize this was an issue beforehand. I even drew out a tattoo design for a friend which he had done.

• wololo says:

jlo138, exactly, I think artists don’t consider this an issue because it’s “natural” to them, just like most devs don’t understand why a designer can’t code a simple “hello world”. I envy the teams of indie games who are lucky to have enough devs AND artists :)

• jlo138 says:

Lol, I couldn’t code a simple hello world. Maybe post a thread or video on yt so that maybe you could get some designers. Have them send you a sample and possibly let forum members decide who could help. Not sure what your looking for but in time I could draw out “Wagic” since my specialty is writing but could leave it to you for someone else to photoshop. Here’s the type of writing I do. http://www.megapix.com/?p=UB9PCKUM. If you like that style I could do something for ya but I would need plenty of time since my life blessing has arrived.

4. Dallox says:

Thanks alot! I am very bad at sprites and stuff, this will help out!
    Only need to find a intresting game idea for the Android market..

5. snowdrop says:

Nice to see our art piece as an example… it was actually one of the first works ever made for is, by a guy called “unrealsmoker” on deviant. :)

Great artice btw. I agree that opengameart is the place to be at… :P It has a good lead as well and is under heavy dev, so it will be better still.

6. jlo138 says:

Did this for you Wololo. I wanted to give back and my specialty is writing. I posted this in the forums. Anyone can use this. Just post it in the forums so we can all see. I’m not good with photoshop so I left it in an easy to use state. It says “WAGiC” just like that. I mix caps and lowercase to make the letters flow. Tell me what you think. 100% created by me.

1. April 11, 2012

[…] 11, 2012 in Gaming, magic, Wagic | No commentsA while ago I mentioned WTactics in my article on free art for game developers, a trading card game under active development.Everything, from the card images to the rules, is […]