CFW Pro B9 is out, adds 6.60 compatibility

As I mentioned yesterday, developer VF was hard at work to port the kernel exploit used in some1′s downgrader into pro CFW, to give the CFW experience back to 6.60 users. Less than 2 weeks after the official Sony release, we have a compatible LCFW, I think the scene is breaking a record here.

So yeah, that’s it, you can safely update to 6.60 now, and install Pro CFW on it. 6.20, 6.35, and 6.39 users haven’t been forgotten, Pro CFW is still compatible with these firmwares, and adds a bunch of bug fixes, as well as my personal favorite: UMD video support on the PSP Go (obviously, we’re talking of iso images here…).

Downloads

Pro CFW B9 for 6.60/6.39/6/35/6.20 can be downloaded here, or on the project’s page.

1. chapnis’s avatar

I haven’t had any problems with PRO before but this just won’t work for me, I go to install then the PSP just turns off :/

1. sony can kiss my ass’s avatar

try to reset all the settings (under system settings). i wasnt able to run pro cfw ones too and this fixed it.

anyway, did sony give it up already? because it seems that as soon sony releases a new FW we will hack it within a few days

1. chapnis’s avatar

My only issue was my plugins, I had to manually edit the text files and turn them all off then it worked fine :)

1. eki’s avatar

“My only issue was my plugins, I had to manually edit the text files and turn them all off then it worked fine”
          how do u do that??i hav the same problem..
          when installing any cfw my psp just turn off after press x for ok..
          can u help me?

2. PSP forver!’s avatar

Amazing! Good work!

3. Rahul’s avatar

Which is better 6.20,6.35,6.39,6.60?

1. shortboy’s avatar

If you’re asking which is better, I say just go on 6.60. Why? You’re on the latest FW. Other than that, they’re all virtually the same.

2. equis’s avatar

Probably 6.39 has a better support for plugins and homebrew than 6.60, but I think that is quickly deploying in 6.60…

4. Olav’s avatar

I have OFW 6.60 and PSP 3004 (blue PSP) 04g model.

Everything goes according to plan, but suddenly I’ll install CIPL Flasher and then, I get a message that it does not support this version.

WHAT?
    Then do not go PRO B9 on OFW 6.60. I can not CFW PRO B9 on OFW 6.60?

PLzz help me!

1. wololo’s avatar

I think CIPL Flasher is for a permanent Hen, this only works on 6.20. Just don’t use it

1. SamLangTen’s avatar

CIPL Flasher for PSP1000 and PSP2000(not v3).It makes PRO SYSTEM become a full CFW.

2. equis’s avatar

You almost bricked your PSP. Saved by the bell…

5. SamLangTen’s avatar

Well, I missed an “is”.

6. Mathieu’s avatar

Tested and approved on a GO! Yet none of my plugins work anymore. Sony has probably slightly changed the structure of 6.60. Let’s be patient and wait for the plugins to be adapted to 6.60 :) Thumbs up to all the devs involved!

1. equis’s avatar

Yeah, memory management was changed in this FW version, demonstrated by HBL not working directly despite being signed. So, many plugins won’t work; but there are many more being updated: give a look at http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=7407
      Some plugins there are compatible with 6.60.

7. HackThiefCoder93’s avatar

Works fine on my psp go 6.20 plugins and all!

8. ROn’s avatar

Man i got 3001 pro-b6 with me but the guy who sold to me delete vshorig,
    After a fight against google i backup from flash0 some courage and a lote of praying the pro-b9 came to my psp i almost shit a brick but i get.

9. PSPScene’s avatar

Is 6.20 still the best for plugin support? I’m might just stay on 6.20 because it’s the only FW that has a permanent patch.

1. shortboy’s avatar

Every pro version has since then come with a permanent patch.

1. equis’s avatar

That permanent patch it’s only supported on 6.20 FW. There’s CIPL flasher to make it a full custom firmware, but it’s only for PSP 1000 and 2000 flashables.

10. StriderHien’s avatar

i’m staying on 6.20…
    why?
    cause from there i can use both PRO and TN! :D

11. cscash241’s avatar

Did they find a 6.60 exploit? or did Sony not properly patch a previous exploit?

12. joaoneto’s avatar

It worked perfectly in my psp 3000. I recommend!

13. kevin’s avatar

doesnt work on 6.20 psp 3000
    i’ve been trying to install the update but it just stays in black screen and freezes.never had a problem before and yes i already tried turning off all plugins and resting xmb settings

14. kevin’s avatar

Ok update i finnaly got it working..i redownloaded the file from the pro cfw page and it worked great!

15. origamiNINJA’s avatar

wow 6.60 cfw was probably the fastest cfw to be devoloped from the time of the OFW release :) go hackers!

16. PSP-3004’s avatar

I have cfw 6.35 pro-b9 on a psp 3004. Should I update to 6.60 and install this cfw? I want to have cfw to play iso’s and run homebrew, but also have access to psn and music unlimited by qriocity… I have a plugin (psnlover) so i can access psn without having the latest fw (still gotta test it)… but does that mean the psn will still contain the old demos and stuff?

17. Calico’s avatar

Hey I want to know if there’s a list of changes of the recent PRO that differs from TN-E? I might want to switch to PRO but need to know the complete differences between them. Is there a site or a page where I can see this?

18. bluegate’s avatar

will this work fine on 6.35? i’m kind of a wuss when dealing with this ^_^

19. PSPScene’s avatar

Why can’t Sony see that they’ve lost? They’re just wasting their efforts.

1. Alex’s avatar

Yup! But thats why instead of releasing FW they are making PSPs now! PSP Street and PSvita!

20. fLaSh’s avatar

impressive work PRO team’s, they already released a great work in the CFW, and now.. they are improving new incredible features way.., more games compatibility in ISO images, supports a multi. languages, etc..

I really LOVE this work!!

I have to remember also.. this work is started with the HBL project na versão 6.20 ;) !

Thank you.. HBL Team and CFW PRO!

1. Calico’s avatar

You should also thank Total_Noob. Without him there won’t be a HEN, or PRO for that matter.

21. danke’s avatar

Im using a PSP 2000 5.50-D3 and when i download here the OFW 6.60 and run it to update, i get an error your already 9.90 there is no need to update, kinda weird im on GEN 5.50-D3. anyone can advisE?

22. e-man’s avatar

Every time I go to my system settings, it crashes. I have model 04g psp-3001. What do I do?

23. Lamax’s avatar

is this cfw compatible with psp 3004 g9?

1. Sam’s avatar

i dnt think it works for 3000 and go =/

24. DestRman’s avatar

I recently upgraded from 6.35 to 6.60 on a psp go
    but the pro lcf wont open isos from the psp internal memory
    only from the M2
    all late versions of pro were working good

any suggestion are apreciated

25. Sam’s avatar

i set it to m33 driver
    i started my iso but after the game startsup i frz. help plz asap. =/

26. Bordz’s avatar

Why i can’t install 6.60 pro-b9 in my psp 1000…. my current firmware is 5.50 gen-d3.., FW error will appear in my psp screen…. please help.!!!

27. devesh’s avatar

will iso cso games work on 6.60 pro b9

28. Igur41’s avatar

Diablo doesn’t work…

29. sim’s avatar

installed 6.60 pro b9 successfully on a 2000 . my emulators runs fine ,cso files and ps1 as well , iso’s won’t … do i still need a iso loader , ? this cfw was not supposed to need them , sorry for bad english heh ^^

30. Igur41’s avatar

Bricked my psp with it… imposible?

1. wololo’s avatar

Very unlikely, unless you tried something foolish, such as installing a permanent version on a PSP 2000/3000/Go

31. Cerbie’s avatar

Hi i have a PSP 3004 and i installed the 6.60PRO-B
    and it works perfectly only thing that´s wrong with it is when i turn it off and back on i have push fast recovery to make the Pro Stay stick put
    Otherwise the copyright errror comes up
    as if the Pro CFW isn´t staying put in the psp
    and i have to do fast recovery to make it stay put