More on the TA88v3 Unbricker

Developer ErikPshat just posted an impressive video showcasing the ta88v3 unbricker running. He surely trusts his work, as the video shows him intentionally bricking a ta88v3 (by removing the battery in the middle of an Official Firmware update), and bringing it back from the dead with a Magic memory stick.

Again, the legality of this tool is extremely controversial (much more than the Pandora Battery, if you ask), so please do not share any links here. I’m sure those of you who have a bricked ta88v3 will find their way to this tool one way or another, anyways.

Seriously, bricking your own console to make a point…that’s what I call being brave, ErikPshat  :)

In soviet Russia, PSP unbricks you.

1. brian’s avatar

if your psp is bricked it is caused by physical damage and cant be repaired by a program

1. wololo’s avatar

err… no, not necessarily

1. Shinny’s avatar

that guy is one wierdo…. damit im in shock…. O_o UNBRICK your PSP… whit a MEMORY STICK whit NO PANDORA? im missing somthing or im dreaming… its like we gone all back to DAX and LBT era…

1. Jurian’s avatar

He uses a pandora battery… All this does is enable the unhackable 2000 models to read a MMS which is what sony disabled with those motherboards, and why it won’t work on a 3000 (sony removed service mode, rendering pandora batteries useless on them).

2. equis’s avatar

You get confused with the literal term. In this case, a “bricking” is caused by a problem with (usually) the firmware or other program that messes the flash0, making the PSP unusable.

3. Senses’s avatar

Brick is more on software than hardware damage….

If your referring to physical damage e.g dropping the psp while its on causing some cracks/disconnections on some chips/lcd/etc. which is hardware related then it is called “BROKEN” and not Bricked.

4. khulet’s avatar

i understand for this service mode.. for a psp 2k/v3 bricks but i need your demo or how to making a mmstick by video ryt?

2. troll’s avatar

lol bricking a psp.

3. Irfanhb’s avatar

Will this ever work with a 3000.

4. datexe’s avatar

Why is this tool “controversial”?

1. Jurian’s avatar

“Although this is an impressive breakthrough, I’m going to ask people to not share any links on this, as this unfortunately relies on leaked data/hardware belonging to Sony, and is therefore clearly illegal.”

5. shortboy’s avatar

Badass.

Coming from a guy that’s practically been there since the beginning of PSP hacking, this is damn nostalgic and impressive at the same time.

I mean, I still have my original Pandora and it’s been what? 3-4 some odd years since then? It’s always great seeing advances like this.

6. AE’s avatar

so what about the pspgo? its a breakthrough it works on 3000 to but i need to know the psp go

7. Zen’s avatar

“How to brick and unbrick your PSP. Easy Install” :D

Will this support 3000s 04g soon? I don’t remember if they’re ta 88v3 though.

8. devshelper’s avatar

i found a hardware exploit that can start service mode on new psps, i will soon post a video, please wait! i dont want bad comments!!!

1. Zen’s avatar

Looking forward to it :D

1. bruteforced101’s avatar

Lol!

@Zen

He(devshelper) is a known faker.

1. Zen’s avatar

Yeah, I know, I didn’t mean it though lol he said no bad comments so I posted ‘sarcastically’ :p

2. asdasd’s avatar

shut up fucking faker

3. Fade’s avatar

Shut the fuck up devshelper, No one believes your fake shit

4. troll’s avatar

i also found a vulnerabilities in devshelper’s brain, i will exploit it as soon as possible.
      believe me i am not a faker.

9. brian’s avatar

when your psp is bricked the motherboard becomes fried

1. D1’s avatar

You’re not understanding the terminology…

A “bricked” PSP is one where the programming (Flash) has become corrupt effectively turning it into a paperweight (or a “brick”). 99% of the time it’s got nothing to do with any of the internal parts becoming “fried” as you put it.

Please refrain from making these comments about something you don’t understand.

2. shortboy’s avatar

I take it that your brain, brian, is bricked

3. Senses’s avatar

Brick is more on software than hardware related damage….

If your referring to physical damage e.g dropping the psp while its on causing some cracks/disconnections on some chips/lcd/etc. or using a damaged battery that may somehow burn the psp up, they are hardware related so it is called “BROKEN” and not Bricked.

10. enchee’s avatar

How I understood, the “only” problem is, to create a service battery for 300x PSP? Datel did it once, but there was no “magic” memory stick. Now, it exist. So, all is possible…may be.

1. iSWORD’s avatar

Does this Magic Memory Stick actually work on the 3k?! (I know there isn’t -currently- a Pandora battery for the 3k, I’m asking about the MMS)

1. Yoti’s avatar

only on 3g models

1. iSWORD’s avatar

That’s great! We only need an activator (pandora battery) for the 3g 3ks..

11. iSWORD’s avatar

Hey! I want a clear answer to my clear question, please :)
    Will this help growing the progress of finding the way to access service mode on the 3k PSPs?!
    (it wasn’t so clear I know)

12. Chaos’s avatar

IMHO only works on PSP 2k with a mobo ofTA-088v3

13. Chaos’s avatar

IMHO only works on PSP 2k with a mobo of TA-088v3

14. Jeroen207’s avatar

No no no no, I think Only the pandora will works in the PSP not the Magic memory because the files is special for the PSP 2k TA-88v3

15. Pasarel’s avatar

Wololo, what do you think about this hack? Do you think that this is legit or fake?

16. Mr.Jx’s avatar

the only thing we really need is to put the PSP 3000 in service mode to unbrick
    MMS knowing that if it works in 3000

1. Pasarel’s avatar

Yeah… Too bad that that’s hard as hell.
      Also, we don’t really need Pandora for the 3000 since we have permanent CFW, all FWs are hackable (or at least you can upgrade to a hackable version) and there are already downgraders for all 6.xx FWs excepting 6.37. What more can you ask for?

1. chrisuros’s avatar

You will still need it if you accidentally brick your psp.

2. Fade’s avatar

To install a CFW. and downgrade without need for kernel exploit.

1. bruteforced101’s avatar

@Fade
          Technically “PANDORA/UNBRICKER” uses a kernel exploit found in the pre-ipl of the old psp models.

1. Yoti’s avatar

Where is kernel of IPL?))
            There is ipl exploit, not kernel one.

2. bruteforced101’s avatar

Well as TyRaNid explained it was a software hardware fault…
            And there for I understood it as a kernel exploit.

3. Yoti’s avatar

Kernel (firmware) is loaded by IPL.

17. f.torres’s avatar

we need it to unbrick psp if something bad happen duh.

18. Steven’s avatar

the video is legit cuz that PSP in the video is same that i have PSP Slim & Lite 02g TA-088v3 Blume Series Mint Green ^_^

19. devshelper’s avatar

dont ask for a release when you see an uploaded video unbricking a psp 3000 with my custom battery and this new mms…;)

1. akuinnen’s avatar

dude, do you get high from posting empty comments/threads? The people here are not bashing you because your “projects” sucks but because you’re not actually bringing something up to the table….

If i told you that I’ve made a device that can charge a PSP’s battery wirelessly through WI-FI, would you believe me?

2. Yoti’s avatar

We wait for any proof, guy =)

1. Abdullah’s avatar

Yoti man! Good to see you again. I heard that you left the scene. Oh well. Remember me? Retired PSP Dev! And to other people, leave devshelper alone please.

1. Yoti’s avatar

>>I heard that you left the scene.
          Оо

>>And to other people, leave devshelper alone please.
          Like there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc ?

1. Abd’s avatar

I read it on mamosuke’s twitter. And yes LEAVE DEVSHELPER ALONE. Lol. XD

3. bruteforced101’s avatar

here’s devshelper’s fake video:

he even posted crap on /talk about how he has been contacted by Sony… and that he then decides not to release it:

hahahahahah

4. equis’s avatar

I’m not asking. I know you can read my mind. Please send your unbricker to me by email. I believe your unbricker can downgrade PSVita from 1.00 to 0.00 and flash it to play free games.

1. iSWORD’s avatar

More than that actually.. It’ll be able to cook noodles.. I tested his PSVita Pandora battery by myself and I can confirm it.. Very useful when you’re hungry & home alone..

20. WilliamBMX’s avatar

O meu PSP brickado é a TA092 V2, será que esta é “desbrickável”?

1. Yoti’s avatar

Wow! WTF 092v2 mean?

21. Mr.Jx’s avatar

You have to go to the sony to steal his data ! =)
    Muahahahahahaha(evil!)

1. paquiao’s avatar

But you need to be a bad ass hacker first to do that xD

1. Abd’s avatar

Ask Lulzsec.

22. Alien TheJoy’s avatar

Why doesn’t this guy offer to unbrick peoples’ pspV3. I would pay 40$ right now cash and send my V3 to him to fix it. Come on Dude, you could make a fortune.

1. Abd’s avatar

We devs don’t do this for money. Everything is free.

1. khulet’s avatar

you said it free ryt? for everything for that!
        i request ? you do something for direct home brew your code by the creating NAND Flash TSOP-48 programmer. direct home brew or software? because .they hardware cantapord ? sorry for my bad English :-)

23. Steven’s avatar

Lol! Wololo you suck! I hate you so much! /:D even I’m a better hacker than you anytime! So does Yoti! Devshelper rules! This is my different email.

24. shaine’s avatar

i have 3 motherboard 2000 ta88v3 brick of upgrade how to contact this man
    yo unbrick my psp plizzzzz reply me asap.

25. shaine’s avatar

i pay for unbrick my PSP ””””””””

26. geng.sun’s avatar

Please help me thank you