SHELL – The next Generation PSP Shell – Genesis compo entry
Stop where you are! You read “Shell” in the title, and you were going to avoid this one like the plague, because Shells on the PSP are usually stupid html portals. Well stop right here and follow me. This time we’re talking of a nice addon for your CFW, Arnold’s entry to the Genesis competition.
Arnold’s SHELL (graphics by A_Nub) is a library that pushes the limits of your CFW. If only for the Music player, this is worth the try, but a video will probably make you more eager to install this
This should appeal to both users (this is a fully working Shell which does much more than most other shells) and devs (this is a full open source library, waiting for your themes and plugins)
From Arnold’s own words:
- SHELL is a platform for development for developers – Build plugins, load apps all from within SHELL
- SHELL is a wonderful world for users to customise! Be it via APPS, PLUGINS, LINKS, THEMES!
- Calling all themers! Customise to your heart’s content!
- Multi-language system. Translate to ANY language you want (just make sure it’s UTF8).
- Multi-audio format support! MORE than the XMB! Plays various audio files: MP2, MP3, MP4, M4A, AA3, AT3, FLAC, AIF, AIFF, AU, WMA, WAV
- No need to Game Categories! Just put your apps in folders like on a computer and it can be as deep as you want it!
- No need to change X / O for confirm in Recovery. Just change it in SHELL and it’s instant!