SHELL – The next Generation PSP Shell – Genesis compo entry

Stop where you are! You read “Shell” in the title, and you were going to avoid this one like the plague, because Shells on the PSP are usually stupid html portals. Well stop right here and follow me. This time we’re talking of a nice addon for your CFW, Arnold’s entry to the Genesis competition.

Arnold’s SHELL (graphics by A_Nub) is a library that pushes the limits of your CFW. If only for the Music player, this is worth the try, but a video will probably make you more eager to install this

This should appeal to both users (this is a fully working Shell which does much more than most other shells) and devs (this is a full open source library, waiting for your themes and  plugins)

From Arnold’s own words:

- SHELL is a platform for development for developers – Build plugins, load apps all from within SHELL
- SHELL is a wonderful world for users to customise! Be it via APPS, PLUGINS, LINKS, THEMES!
- Calling all themers! Customise to your heart’s content!

- Multi-language system. Translate to ANY language you want (just make sure it’s UTF8).
- Multi-audio format support! MORE than the XMB! Plays various audio files: MP2, MP3, MP4, M4A, AA3, AT3, FLAC, AIF, AIFF, AU, WMA, WAV
- No need to Game Categories! Just put your apps in folders like on a computer and it can be as deep as you want it!
- No need to change X / O for confirm in Recovery. Just change it in SHELL and it’s instant!

Download

Download here (or alternate link here). You can get the latest version, and look for additional themes and plugins in the Homebrew’s official thread here.

1. funnyfatguy’s avatar

pure awesomeness

2. BlkHalo’s avatar

Really nice, crashes a bit, but I don’t really see a point in it; what’s so ‘special’ about it that makes me wanna download/keep this app? Add something to it is what I have to say, otherwise, it looks nice :)

3. bmg1001’s avatar

With Permanent Patch = EPIC!

4. ken’s avatar

What is this?! I’ll have to try this out and see if it will work as well as it look.

5. Mitch’s avatar

This is really great, however i noticed when i try to play .at3 files (the music files for alot of psp games) it freezes and then the psp crashes. It is still a great shell IMO. =D

6. my username is username’s avatar

This was worst then I thought it would be. Once you play a song you can not stop it and also there is a glitch where you can play multiple songs at once causing a lot of distorting. This shell is embarrassing. I thought it would be better than this…

7. zulzahid’s avatar

can someone tell me the name of theme in video…….????

8. arnold’s avatar

@my username is username,

Please read carefully before posting comments. ;)

The music player has not been implemented yet and I have acknowledged this bug. It will be fixed in the next version.

Another point, how else do you play at3 files other than the at3 player?
    There is no other method.

Regards,