HomebrewStore – When the PSN doesn’t work, you still have homebrew (Genesis compo entry)
I’ve seen many attempts at a “Homebrew Store” on the PSP, most of them failed due to lack of support in the long run, but this one clearly seems to be the exception. HomebrewStore has been around for a little while, and if you don’t know this app you have to try it now.
This update brings a cross-platform feature that allows you to queue downloads from your iphone, so that next time you run the store on your psp, it will start downloading the homebrews immediately.
I feel that this homebrew has been a bit under my radar for the past few months, which is a shame given how professional it looks. And which is why I was happy to accept this new version in the Genesis competition.
No need to look for homebrews all over the place anymore, now that you have the store. Very impressive 🙂
Here is the full changelog since the homebrewstore’s first release:
- Mobile Device Queuing Support
- Adds Genesis Competition Splash Screen (flashes quickly on first start due to Store Preparations taking the rendering loop)
- Includes LivePatch 4190310 (Screenshots for items)
- Includes LivePatch 4090644 (Scalable Storefront Categories)
- Improved patching support
- Bugfix in patch error handling
- Click sound added
- Slightly modified user interface
- Includes LivePatch 222416 (Adds percentages to download progress bar)
- Includes LivePatch 2261007+3050410 (Adds search capability)
- Patches can now be automatically applied while the client checks for updates
- Revamped user interface
- Content listings now report number of downloads (Data collected since 1/27/2011)
- Categories can now be sorted by number of downloads
- Content being downloaded will now display transfer progress
- Firmware requirement dropped from 6.20 to 5.00
- Chances of content download corruption when installing more than one item during a single use reduced
- Content installation folder is now displayed on item description pages
- A menu selection bug that could cause the user to be stuck when changing pages was fixed
you can download (then install manually) HomebrewStore here. (alternate link here). There are however many other cool ways to download the homebrew store, including directly from your PSP. You can see the download links in the homebrew’s thread here.