What will the PSP2 be like?
More and more rumors grow on the internet, as Sony invited journalists to a press conference (the “playstation meeting”) that will be held in a few hours in Tokyo, apparently to announce the PSP2.
Two analog nubs, awesome OLED touch screen, 300TB of Ram, insane graphics and screen resolution, CPU equivalent to that of the PS3, dual cameras, and apparently, it flies, makes coffee, ships with a Nintendo 3DS emulator, and could be providing 3G support with a subscription to the major operator Docomo (for the lucky ones among us who live in Japan…nah, don’t cry, I’ll upload pictures once I get one :P)…
Well, we’ll probably know which of all that is true in a few hours… As far as I’m concerned, I can’t wait for the PSP2 announcement, to see if the next gaming device I’m getting is a 3DS, a PSP2, or a Nokia NGage (wait, I probably meant an iPhone 5 here…)
The real characteristics?
Joke aside, it seems we have a clearer idea of what the PSP2 will look like. French website 01net announces the following, based on feedback from “trusted sources” (most likely devs who’ve had a debug unit to work on). Some of the features below have been confirmed by trusted game developers, or the Nikkei, Japan’s most known economy newspaper.
- Won’t fit in a pocket
- Will have a touch surface on the back, and a touchscreen on the front
- 2 analog nubs
- OLED screen, “comfortable” (slightly bigger than on the PSP?)
- display resolution: 960×544 (4 times the number of pixels we have on the PSP)
- CPU: 4-cores ARM Cortex 9
- GPU:PowerVR SGX 543 MP4+ (that’s a 4 core with 128MB VRam to be confirmed)
- Wifi, 3G, bluetooth (which could allow to connect the PSP to a Playstation phone according to some sources)
- GPS, accelerometer, microphone, front and back cameras
Err… wow… Seems Sony is (again) not targeting the casual gamers here… What do you think?
What would be your Portable device of choice if you had to buy one this year?