Heads up: 1 Year Playstation Plus Code $39.99 (33% off) on Amazon again (as of 11/20/2017, 2pm, JST)

Release: Half Byte Loader R113 for OFW 6.37 (and below)

1. Retardation says:

ooh looks interesting

2. montu says:

omg thats good news now who are on 6.37 can play homebrews but i wont upgrade as im using 6.35 pro . good work wololo u rock

3. NEWS4 says:

Good job guys. Stand on;)

4. martin says:

Exciting times, thanks Wololo!

One quick question though:

I’m (still!! no more upgrading ;-D) on OFW 6.31.
    Is it possible to combine your new and shiny XMB-HBL r113 here with the Pro HEN for 6.31?

That would allow me to start the HEN on my PSP directly from XMB (no more Sukkiri) or am I missing something here?

Thanks,
    Bye,
    Martin

• fishy says:

I’m not Wololo, but I can tell you definitively . . . yes ! !

• martin says:

>> Is it possible to combine your new
        >> and shiny XMB-HBL r113 here with
        >> the Pro HEN for 6.31?

On January 23, 2011 at 5:27 pm fishy wrote:

> I’m not Wololo, but I can tell you definitively . . . yes ! !

On January 23, 2011 at 4:51 pm Pspguy wrote:

> Works great with and without 6.31 PRO HEN!

That’s great news! X-D

Thanks fishy, thanks Pspguy, and many more thanks to Wololo! 😀

*wooooot* 8-D

Martin

5. m1ndtr0n says:

awesome.. =)) wololo is god.. =))

6. Dallox says:

Im gonna delete my HEN now, HBL is much sexyer o.o

• fishy says:

I have to admit, I missed that hacky looking text that spills down the screen when HBL starts. HEN is more useful, but it’s not as exciting to watch activate!

Question: does anybody know how to quit to HBL instead of XMB during a game? Curse my noobiness! Thanx.

• 0M9H4X says:

in older versions of HBL (patapon2-era) you could hold SELECT and START and you would exit to HBL instead of XMB. i dont think wololo removed that feature, so give it a try!

• fishy says:

Thanks, man! I found out myself yesterday by just mashing buttons, though! xD (why do we forget these simple, but effective techniques when we get older? Hehe.)

7. Pspguy says:

Works great with and without 6.31 PRO HEN!

8. Zepheral says:

Great job! Why are people upgrading ,I’ll never know. Hope they’ll figure it out to check for hacks before updating someday…..I hope?

9. andrew says:

@wololo

Lol, in the darkest times of our lives, HBL is there to shed its heavenly light upon the unfriendly shadows of sony!

10. thedicemaster says:

would it be possible to add HEN support?
    i use HBL for compatibility(GPSPkai 3.4 works with HBL, but not with 6.35 pro)
    and it’s a bit annoying having to restart my psp whenever i want to play a GBA game.

11. Venom says:

great job wololo!

12. kikinacia says:

Excelent job wololo is fantastic but please realease something like a psx loader for 6.20 please

13. Jonkus says:

HBL is now officially the most resilient homebrew loader around.

14. The Situation says:

I was wondering if Prometheus ISO loader is working in this release.

• fishy says:

No, only HEN allows that for 6.xx. And HEN isn’t possible on 6.37 yet. However, there are recent reports of iso’s being signed if that kind of thing interests you.

15. Sav says:

Just wow. 🙂

16. Pspguy says:

@Wololo

Would it be possible to make a dual-boot HBL that lets the user choose to boot into a HEN or the WMenu?

• toBsucht says:

a dual boot hbl is build by PUNKER69.

• toBsucht says:

replace the savegame exploit with wololo´s new exploit and the hbl-, punker69-, folder-, with your version. btw p..@blogspot or www search i hope u get it.

• toBsucht says:

sorry i told u u have to relpace the savegame but we don´t need it anymore 🙂 may if u like to use an old hbl-rev.
        U also have 2 replace the eboot.pbp in :\hbl\menu\ eboot.pbp!
        If u use punkers mod (dualboot ofw6.20&6.3x) hbl with sukkiri-demo
        :\p69\menu\eboot.pbp .. i try to updated and upload punker´s mod. But im on fw6.2 and i don´t update to test a high fw.
        Link is @ this side …i upload a punk mod soon …
        btw 100 signed homebrew´s.

• toBsucht says:

damn where are all the savegame exploit´s and hbl rev.´s 🙁

17. yaboyq says:

nice job!

18. Apo81 says:

Not working on psp 6.35 model 3004. Isos dont start

19. Apo81 says:

what options do i have for iso loaders with 6.35 Pro? Please help, Is there a better loader than Prometheus?

20. Apo81 says:

Sorry my mistake. I wanted to ask if there is another iso loader better than Prometheus for 6.35PRO psp 3004 because Metal gear Acid crashes and I want to play that game, please reply, thank you

21. noone says:

ahahah take care, Wololo, we could almost see you this time through the psp reflex!
    Sony agents will bust ya!
    lol
    oh, greetings again for the great work in HBL.
    Kinda it was what really allowed psp to get where it is today IMO.

22. Shinny says:

hbl 4ever … cool but useless…. hen kirk keys r all here… any way graet work guys….

23. javier_ecf says:

Awesome, thanks to everyone involved in this!.

from Mexico.

24. Enzeru says:

WOW thank you so much Wololó, now I can delete that annoying Minna no Sukkiri demo and start the HEN with this new version on 6.31 😛

25. frank says:

wait…did you guys have to find an exploit for this???
    or once hbl is signed can it just…run homebrew?
    if a homebrew is signed it can easily load other signed homebrew?
    so i can sign a homebrew organizer and it’ll work?
    lol i asked 4 questions cuz i dont know how to word it without sounding like a noob

• Lukian says:

You sounded like a noob anyways

• frank says:

ok watever
        i just dont know all the right technical terms
        it took me 2 years to learn all this stuff on my own

• frank says:

oops sorry wololo keep getting my email wrong
          this message has the right one lol
          im guessing that you see our emails right??
          anyways this is the right one

• wololo says:

@Frank:
      1) No, no exploit, we just signed it
      2) Yes, once it’s signed, it can run homebrews. It’s pretty cool actually, we created a signed “homebrew”, and hbl “exploits it” the way it would “exploit” a regular game
      3) “If a homebrew is signed, it can easily run other homebrews”: yes and no. HBL required lots of work to load homebrews, it’s not in a snap of a finger. also, HBL can only run unsigned homebrews for now, not signed ones. Signed homebrews can be run from the XMB anyways, so that shouldn’t be a big issue
      4) you can sign a homebrew organizer, and it’ll work, yes. But then it’ll work directly from the XMB, you won’t need HBL (and again, rightnow HBL can’t run signed homebrews anyways).

26. jammy says:

Packers going to the Superbowl

27. Trysten says:

OMG OMG OMG OMG I LOVE YOU WOLOLO. My dumb lil brother updated my psp yesterday and I was hoping to god you would make another hbl for 6.37 but you went beyond that. THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH

28. GBS says:

Half way to find an explit !!!
    Did someone updated ???
    I don’t!!!

29. yellow says:

update: 6.31 and 6.37 signed hen has been release check it on psp king de.com

30. FallenDawn says:

We are waiting for a HEN on 6.37 hehe

31. equis says:

My PSP doesn’t even notice a new upgrade to 6.37… all of you guys, are great!!!

32. jmag says:

good looking out yellow it works great on my darth psp white with 6.31.

33. javier_ecf says:

@Wololo: PRO HEN 6.31 signed and working.

• wololo says:

Ah-Chai: excellent article. There’s still concern that 5 copies is not so much and will kill the second-hand market, but if this means that Sony will give up DRMs in favor of an online authentication system for games, I’m all for it. Homebrews + official games without piracy is what most of us have been waiting for.

34. NEHAshu says:

wer can i get the whole lot of signed homebrews????

1. January 23, 2011

[…] […]

2. January 23, 2011

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by ot_inc (????????), ringo and zlifj, Apolo. Apolo said: Release: Half Byte Loader R113 for OFW 6.37 (and below) : http://bit.ly/flIztv […]

3. January 23, 2011