3DS available for preorder in Japan, causes massive mess

Arashiiiiii!!!!!

Today the nintendo 3DS was made available for preorder in Japan. Retail websites like Amazon sent emails to their customers to let them know about this new release…The “units” (keep in mind these are just preorders) were sold in a matter of minutes, and the traffic was so huge that apparently many customers couldn’t add the item to their shopping cart, getting repeated errors, as shown in some of the comments:

The comments say:

1. Why did you remove the 50 comments reporting errors?

2. Like everybody else, I was waiting for 9 o’clock on my cellphone, and when the time came, tried to get my preorder. But I kept getting error, error, error…

Now you can find the Nintendo 3DS for preorder at roughly twice the retail price, because most resellers are playing with the fact that it will most likely be impossible to get one on the real release day, February 26th in Japan (I’m sure all people who couldn’t get their preorder today are super happy to see that the guy who got the preorder before them was just planning to resell it immediately at twice the price :P ). The problem is the same on most retailers’ websites, and this is not surprising. The same happens for the release of each one of Nintendo’s or Sony’s new major console… It’s the first time I see it happening for a preorder though…

Are you excited about the 3DS? I’m strongly thinking of getting one…

1. snype3.0’s avatar

First comment and WOW !!!

2. Roxxas’s avatar

man the ds sucks 3ds is the same as ds only changes the screen is in 3d but the games are bad dont can run homebrews is only a device with 3d and games of kids more my psp can run homebrews and install plugins

1. Hu’s avatar

You have CLEARLY not seen what the 3DS can do.

2. thedicemaster’s avatar

you’re missing the improved graphics hardware, 3D camera, better cpu, faster browser and shop, native mp3 playback support, native support for gameboy(color) emulation, tag mode without having the game inserted, analog disc, and enhanced LoZ:oot

3. Krozoa’s avatar

Must have!!!

4. xyntfosrllas’s avatar

Roxxas@ if you think that 3d effects,bigger screen,taking picture in 3d ,graphics like the ps2 are bad well yes the 3ds is bad and for hombrews u dont know yet because the 3ds has recently come and i heard that there is work in progress for that

1. Boo’s avatar

PS2 graphics for a handheld is NOT impressive in this day and age. The PSP already did it, and the PSP2 is going to come with PS3-like graphics.

5. d32’s avatar

Wagic in 3D?! ;)

Anyway, I’ve heard it’ll have quite bad battery life – but 3 hours would be probably enough for my play-style.

1. thedicemaster’s avatar

i think 5 hours is what nintendo says, but no doubt somecompany will figure out a way to clip a big battery onto the 3DS dock-connectors.

6. svenn’s avatar

Meeh looks nice, but I think ill wait a little bit, what games come out, what other producers are making 3D.

7. Kah’s avatar

It will largely depend on if I have an interest in any of it’s titles. Currently: None.

8. deimos’s avatar

Game library comes first, it’s easy to buy the hardware anytime. But the region locking hinders my enthusiasm for a portable.

9. Corey96’s avatar

I’m not sure if when I do get a new portable if it’ll be the 3ds or the psp2. (Psp2 rumored launch in October)

10. Ioan’s avatar

I’ll buy it just to play pokemon in 3D… totally useless but it would be awesome XD

11. Bobbyboy’s avatar

Expect tons of Sony fanboys and Nintendo haters up in here. At least get your facts straight if you are going to bash a system or company. (Ignorant) Haters gonna hate.

12. bob’s avatar

i cant wait till the north american launch so i can get my hands on one of these. the line up that has been announced already is insane. kingdom hearts 3d, an ocarina of time remake, mega man legends 3 and plenty of others. i haven’t owned a nintendo system since the 64 but im definitely getting a 3ds.

13. james1552’s avatar

There is one game that is worth me buying this console, and that will be the Zelda Ocarina of Time

Also Kingdom Hearts 3D is a plus :D since every fucking spin off adds to the damn story -.-

14. Jurian’s avatar

I haven’t been interested in any nintendo handheld since the gameboy advance. and the last nintendo console i owned was the gamecube cause i got it for half the price of retail (brand new). So I don’t think I’ll care about this one either. Nintendo’s library just caters to kids and super casual gamers, I’ll be comfortable passing on their products any day. They add some tech “advancement” with their releases, but really they could have been done better. I miss sega…

15. shien’s avatar

As Cloud Strife would say: “Not intrested”

1. xcanox’s avatar

16. smashugo’s avatar

I want one!!!

17. Abdullah’s avatar

I am getting the Nintendo 3DS for £219.99 from http://www.play.com. i asked my parents and they really liked the Nintendo 3DS. I just want to play Kingdom Hearts 3D so badly.

18. Enzeru’s avatar

jeez I will buy it, but later enough to pay around of $180USD or something like that >_>

19. anonymous’s avatar

3 hours of gameplay with a risk of blindness…
    what a great combination, a surely must buy !!!!
    I wonder how many will get eye problem (maybe go blind if lucky) because of 3ds in a year, lets just wait and see :p

1. kukelekuuk00’s avatar

only children below 6 years can experience eye problems with the 3d mode ON
      young children or scared people you can turn the 3d mode off
      and the battery will supposedly last 5 hours

20. Jorge’s avatar

PSP GUY…..I’ll Wait for the emulator to come out for the PSP….just kidding.

21. Mud’s avatar

Wagic 3DS would be extreamly cool!
    I hope Wololo gets a 3DS and ports Wagic to it!

22. ken’s avatar

Arashiiiiii!!!!! LoL scream like a fangirl.
    Anyways, Sony you are behind, again.

23. joejoejoe’s avatar

The system it’s self looks really nice and sleek and the 3D is really cool, but the game library is really bad

24. cypriotbro’s avatar

3ds for me is just ‘meh’. maybe its because i’m a playstation fanboy lol but i honestly don’t see what the 3ds and even the ds has to offer over the psp other than a cheaper price.

25. DizzyLikesWhiteGirls’s avatar

Iuno… I’m not all that psyched.

I been a Nintendo fanboy all my life… then the DS/Wii era came and they went all “Nintendogs & Cooking Mama” on me, while ruining Legend of Zelda. I’ve pretty much lost every last bit of respect I had for Nintendo… and it’d take a lot for 3DS to change that.

I was surprised to see games like MGS, Dead or Alive, SSF4 and RE, but so late in the game that it might not even be able to distract me from Phantasy Star Portable 2 on PSP… or the upcoming FFType 0, God Eater, Trails in the Sky Trilogy, Tactics Ogre, etc…

I might get it just for the sake of novelty, but my DS barely ever gets touched and this’ll probably end up the same way.

26. bmg1001’s avatar

I can imagine it already….a 3DS with Half-Byte Loader 3D, then a year later, 1.4 TN-A for the 3DS….ahh the Possibilities…

1. cabbrick1243’s avatar

Sorry to tell you, but the only possible homebrew was through flashcarts on the DSi, and I’m sure the 3DS won’t be much easier to crack.

27. Corey96’s avatar

:lol:, yeah, I’m not sure if it’ll be like that or like the ds available now, the flash cart root though that would be cool.

28. nikpik’s avatar

I’m getting one even if most of the first few games on the 3ds will be rehashes but I’ll be forking cash AFTER the initial hype has gone (ergo, much more reasonable pricing, more games, etc).

29. cscash241_loves_redsn0w’s avatar

i hate all nintendo products i don’t give a motherfuck if it’s in 3d

30. Shinny’s avatar

i remember when ds was out and i was about to buy it abd changed my min cuz later psp came out and it was a blast…. hate 3ds and w8ting for psp2

31. Tuile’s avatar

We need Microsoft or Apple to step in and show these boys how it’s done. Nintendo are once again going to release a console that is far behind it’s peers (It’s basically a PSP with slightly polished graphics, a touch screen and 3d display) yet is still going to outsell its competitors thanks to its gullible fan base. The PSP2 looks to be something big, but the exclusive downloadable content is surely going to affect sales.

32. yellow’s avatar

@wololo 6.20tn-c release
    - Added 50 MB large memory support for every PSP models except PSP classic.
    - Added online gaming support.
    - Added server for TN NETWORK UPDATE.
    - Fixed bug in VSHMenu where CPU speed hasn’t changed when set it to default.
    - Fixed bug in Digital Comics that caused a crash.
    - Fixed server redirection.
    - Removed FAKE INDEX.DAT from VSHMenu, but feature is still effective (move version.txt to X:/seplugins/).
    - Signed HEN with prxEncrypter (thanks to Mathieulh, bbtgp, coyotebean, kgsws and everyone who involved to this project).
    - Used Davee’s $v1 trick to find power_buf_addr. also in the next revision that is 6.20tn-D he will have compatability of pops loaders playstation 1.

33. jammy’s avatar

@yellow
    hey thanks for that. now im running on 6.20 TN-C on my psp 3001 and just realized that pspnetfront is even faster and load way better

34. jammy’s avatar

hey even better. 6.20 TN-C is signed. We could run it from the xmb now

35. Jorge’s avatar

TN HEN C IS OUT AND IT IS SIGNED!

36. LUISDooMER’s avatar

great news, now finally i can delete the patapon 2 demo!!
    the TN_HEN is getting better and better, and tn said that TN_HEN D will bring us PSX emulation!! Finally!!
    thank you TN you rock!!!

37. Ioan’s avatar

WOOO!!! TN-HEN C!!!! I was waiting for it badly and now I have it…. Let’s play online! Now I can’t wait till TN-HEN D comes out :(

38. Ioan’s avatar

Can someone explain what the “Use Davee’s $v1 trick to find power_buf_addr.” part means?? I’m a n00b XD

39. LucifeL’s avatar

Wass da big deal… i have never understood it… why not wait for a week and then go and get it… in fact i would wait for a month and then listen for other’s queries and shit…. lolzz

40. Ameretat’s avatar

Gosh, I dont think I would be able to buy a vide-game in pre-order, mind it, we dont know if they really will release all the games they had promissed.
    We also haven’t reviews or evaluations done by real gamers, I mean here, not related or hired ones, not professional, but “normal/noob” gamers like most of us, which play games for fun only.
    Quite dangerous, you can buy a video-game thanks to the promisses and in the end it not be fullfilled, rather wait a bit a piece of the releases I expect be really confirmed in that console. ;o)

41. Tru Playa’s avatar

I have nothin against the 3Ds, but even if it sounds good it’s gonna prob be nothin compared to the PSP2 which will feature better controls, games, PS3 graphics, and Sony will probably also add 3D…

42. Moon_Doggie’s avatar

DS games are SOOOOO Childish!

43. kukelekuuk00’s avatar

when this come out in europe the psp2 will probaly come out in japan so ill wait for psp2 and port it

44. cabbrick1243’s avatar

I sold my DSi, after owning since its release and hoping for a great game.
    Nintendo has had no good titles for their consoles since the days of the GameCube
    All the DSi ware they ever released were terrible
    All their products are for little kids or old parents….
    No good titles and PS2 style graphics are not compensated for by the 3d
    The damn stylus was very painful to use with a game…