Release: PrxEncrypter by bbtgp

Update 2: Initial tests show that this works with very simple homebrews, but not with more “complex” ones (yes, I tried with Wagic). Just keep in mind how HBL started though ;)

Update 1 : bbtgp slightly updated his package to make it more user friendly. He says: ” modded build.mak and included sample. Set ENCRYPT=1 in the makefile for other programs to encrypt them”

After the Proof of concept released yesterday by kgsws, developer bbtgp just released a tool that can sign any Homebrew for the PSP.

I haven’t tested it yet, but I’m sure many people will give it a try and see if we can finally run any homebrew on OFW without the use of a Custom Firmware. Unless I misunderstood something, this is user mode only, I don’t expect this to run any kernel application, so forget about iso loaders, or a “signed CFW” for now… which is probably good anyways.

According to bbtgp, this has been tested on a regular “hello world” prx, and worked fine on both a psp1000 and a psp3000.

Download here (previous version  here)

source bbtgp on /talk

1. Basti’s avatar

Can I convert PSX games and sign them?

1. psphacks’s avatar

I made a video on how to sign any dhomebrew: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS15Q7dvLjs&feature=related

2. Hushion’s avatar

believe in you that you can.

2. Platini’s avatar

people…..5.03 Hen has just been signed by developer of Prometeus

3. STRANGEBUTTRUE’s avatar

@Platini ??? were did you see this?

1. Platini’s avatar

Hi; i saw this on pspkimg.de german site…but a don`t know how to use the encruter …do you?

1. ReaperX’s avatar

You first need to download it. Then download the “PBP Unpacker”. Open the Command Prompt and CD into the folder that the “prxEncrypter” is in. Open the Eboot.pbp in the PBP Unpacker and click extract and extract the files to the same place you put the “prxEncrypter”. Rename the “data.psp” file to “GameName.prx”. Go back to the Command Prompt you opened and type in:
        prxEncrypter GameName.prx. Hit ENTER and when its done you will have a brand new data.psp file in the prxEncrypter Folder. Open PBP Unpacker and click “new”. You should know what files were extracted so basically you just add those same files back from your prxEncrypter Folder. But this time add the NEW “data.psp” file no the “GameName.prx”. After you add the files click SAVE and you can replace the Original Homebrew EBOOT.PBP or Whatever. Just use the new EBOOT. (If it works.)

1. toBsucht’s avatar

search the latest encrypter releas and thier would be no need to use the unpacker anymore also the chance to signed them is better!

4. yellow’s avatar

@STRANGEBUTTRUE he saw it at pspking de.com

1. Platini’s avatar

Yellow..do you know how to use the encryper? if you do, can you post instrucctions??

1. STRANGEBUTTRUE’s avatar

cheers :)

5. TN HEN :)’s avatar

My Tutorial Tutorial!

Download My prxEncrypter Pack here

1.) install PBP Unpacker(included in pack)
    2.) in PBP Unpacker, click open and choose your eboot
    3.) press extract and choose a folder to extract it to(remember folder as it will be used in the future)
    4.) put your eboot in the same folder as prxEncrypter.exe
    5.) right click on the prxencrypter.cmd
    6.) press edit
    7.) change it to the directory of the eboot and the exe(ie. i used “cd /d D:\PSP\Copy of PRX\”. if your directory was “C:\PSP\Encrypter” replace the first line with “cd /c C:\PSP\Encrypter\”)
    8.) run Encrypter.cmd
    9.) you should now have a data.psp file in the same folder as the eboot.
    10.) overwrite the old data.psp in the folder that you extracted the eboot
    11.) open PBP Unpacker
    12.) click “new”
    13.) in the folder which you extracted your eboot and overwrote data.psp, select each file
    14.) press “save”
    15.) choose a location to save your eboot.
    16.) now copy it over to your psp
    17.) run it
    18.) congratulations!!! you encrypted an eboot!!!

note-a lot of homebrew do not work an will give you error 80020148
    note2-if it got past gameboot, you know it worked!

hope that this tutorial will be detailed enough for all of you

1. Platini’s avatar

@TN the link to download the pack won`t work!!!

1. NeoDracoV8’s avatar

can i get a link to your prxEncrypter Pack?

2. Platini’s avatar

TN……………………… i don`t understand : cd /d D:\PSP\Copy of PRX\ (which is COPY OF PRX??????.WHAT SHALL I PUT THERE????

1. ReaperX’s avatar

It’s not that complicated… Just use PBP Unpacker and extract the files from your eboot and put the files in the exact same folder as the prxEncrypter and rename “data.psp” to “GameName.prx”. Open the CMD. Now cd into the location of the prxEncrypter. When there type in: “prxEncrypter GameName.prx” (NO QUOTES!) then the new data.psp file is created in the prxEncrypter folder. Now im sure youre not a total noob and can figure out how to re-compile the new data.psp file, the PARAM.SFO and the other stuff. Good Luck! ;)

3. Platini’s avatar

I don`t understand this part:
      what goes in Copy of PRX ????

6. NeoDracoV8’s avatar

i have no file called prxencrypter.cmd, only prxencrypter.exe

1. frank’s avatar

try dragging the eboot onto the exe instead
      tell me if it works because i don’t have pbp unpacker right now or my psp also

2. sev’s avatar

It is the windows command script and right click it then edit

1. NeoDracoV8’s avatar

If I email you an eboot.pbp, can you try signing it for me? i can’t get it to work…

1. aceofspace’s avatar

I’m working on the TN HEN EBOOT. Save everyone space from the 100MB patapon demo.

1. toBsucht’s avatar

I use a crafted patapon2 (by splash / cobaltex) it is less then 50mb but it doesn´t work with psp Go.

7. LUISDooMER’s avatar

i just tried to sign a psx eboot…
    the game boots and i see the psx disclaimer screen…
    but finally i get a message error that says:
    “the game cannot be started (80010016)” :(

8. james1552’s avatar

@Wololo, so much news is happening in the scene today!

6.35 has been signed and will be released soon!!! (source twitter.com/liquidzigong)

and more has been added to the change log of TN-C we will have access to the 50 mb of ram.

9. TN HEN :)’s avatar

for those of you who downgraded to 5.03

5.03 Hack Pack for PSP 3000

5.03 Hack Pack for PSP 2000 TA 88v3

1. mvp89’s avatar

this is resigne or not?

2. wep’s avatar

thanks this fix my problem when enabling chickHEN on 5.03

10. aceofspace’s avatar

I hope I can sign the 620 HEN to work without Patapon. 5 seconds to get back into the homebrew community!!! :D

11. john’s avatar

hey can someone make a youtube video on this

12. Lovy’s avatar

GUYS!!!! I just downgraded my psp 1001 phat from 6.35 to 5.00 m33-6 by using the hellcats pandora installer and making a mms :)

13. Lovy’s avatar

why did my comment get deleted?

1. wololo’s avatar

It didn’t, it’s just the cache

14. spider-monkey’s avatar

I’m very stupid to understand this so I’m just gonna leave it to the expert :D

15. dronite’s avatar

How do I dunk on the TN HEN?

16. sev’s avatar

Hi guys I tried it but in the prxencrypt.cmd it says there is syntax error but it appears the data.psp so i copied that in the extracted folder and when i run it loads but it exit and says game couldnt be started…..

17. sev’s avatar

this site rocks….

18. Platini’s avatar

CFW for 6.35 and with prometeus iso loader!!! should we upgrade sou psp to 6.35????????????

19. PSPtutorials’s avatar

Hello everyone! Gosh, psp scene is awesome now!! Guess what! I made video tutorial on how to sign your own homebrews and play ISO’s without the hen running on youtube, so you can watch the video and learn. Since this is not a legal proccess, the video on youtube is private, so you neeed to have a youtube account. Once you sign in on youtube, click this link: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?redirected=1&add_user=cristianoronaldo3213
    Click on the blue button around the middle of the page. I don’t know what the button says, but after you click it, the video on how to sign the homebrews will begin playing. I used a translator to convert this to english. I cannot read the english, that is why i don’t know what blue button says. If you cannot understand me, i’m sorry. But, trust me. It works.

1. Platini’s avatar

@PSPtutorials FALSE……DON`T SEE NO BLUE BUTTON

20. pspzac3004’s avatar

Hello PSPtutorial, I’m subscribed

21. JOME’s avatar

dont believe psptutorials i subbed but nothing

22. reapersmist’s avatar

got guitartuner,multidice and VirtualGlobe(havent tried online with it) signed. been using the psp version of prxencrypter works well and if u use common sense u can use it correctly like renaming the EBOOT_signed.PBP back to EBOOT ;) thanx again Wololo site rocks

23. ReaperX’s avatar

@Wololo: I Encrypted “Netfront Beta 4″ for PSP and when i loaded it, it said that i had the “5.03 Hen” and said that the “MOD” will restart. Well it did, but now i cant connect to the internet through netfront. It says connection error like it did before i updated the 6.35 HEN. It conects fine on the 6.35 hen. The signed eboot wont let me though…

24. pspzac3004’s avatar

Hello, why I can’t sign the 6.20TN-B ??

25. Dark_Alex’s avatar

For all of you having some problems installing 6.35 PRO HEN simply download this files:

PSP Model 1000,2000,3000 6.35 PRO HEN *Signed*:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WPZ1WX70

PSPGO With 6.35 Firmware:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9NJEUURL

THE INSTALLER EXE. Contains

-Light VHS MENU fix 2
    -CXMB w/ 3rd Birthday CTF
    -Prometheus ISO Loader
    -6.35 Updater(If You Haven’t Updated Yet)

INSTRUCTIONS:

- Click the .exe
    - Select language
    - Click next
    - Agree to the license agreement
    - Click browse and select your psp driver
    - YOU MUST FORMAT YOUR PSP FIRST ON YOUR PC!!!

Now enjoy your cso/iso’s on your pspGO as well for all other models.

I DO NOT OWN THIS HACK OR ANYTHING JUST SHARING IT HERE :DD

Video Tutorial:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1ygoTKhhv8

PSPISO FORUM:http://pspiso.com/showthread.php?t=897160

Cheers!! :DD

26. 失明的預言者’s avatar

お疲れ様、頑張てください!
    Mr.wololo,thank for your hard work
    工作辛苦了,请继续创造奇迹吧!