Release: Hen for 6.31/6.35 by Virtuous Flame & Coldbird

Update: many people are reporting problems running homebrews, I’m sure this will be quickly solved in the next revision

Note: the version on this page is an updated version directly sent by Virtuous Flame himself, it is even “fresher” than the one on a9vg :)

Chinese developers  ?????? (Virtuous Flame) and Coldbird posted a Hen for 6.35/6.31 a few hours ago on a9vg.com. Although I tested it quickly and could confirm it works on my PSP3000, I didn’t have the time to write a nice download page or even to update any of the Hen FAQs yet.

This Hen includes code to benefit from the extra 32MB of Ram :)

Many thanks to Virtuous Flame, and enjoy your gaming on 6.35 :)

How to install/run

1. download and install HBL for the sukkiri exploit here
  2. download the Hen here for 6.35, or here for 6.31 (or alternate link here for 6.35, or here for 6.31)
  3. replace hbl/menu/EBOOT.PBP with the EBOOT.PBP from the Hen
  4. Enjoy

Source a9vg.com, thanks to tabootang for the tip!

Let me remind you that a HEN (Homebrew Enabler) is a tool that allows you to run homebrew software (fan-made freeware games and tools) and should not be used in conjunction with tools that infringe on intellectual property.

1. Enigma’s avatar

Any word on how to get CXMB on here? Sorry if it’s already out, I’m a noob. Lol.

2. gemz’s avatar

6.36hen released by virtuous flame,but it doesnt work on my psp3006,needs more test.

1. scorpion’s avatar

Zajebiste krzaczki. A o co chodzi? :P

3. CD 19h’s avatar

If anyone’s still having issues with 6.35 HEN I just used Coldbird’s nightly build of 6.35 PRO http://blog.coldbird.co.cc/?p=372 and it contains everything you need for 6.35 HEN setup (HBL, ISO loader, and even the demo and exploitable save file).

The only thing I swapped out was the Prometheus ISO loader under PSP/GAME/PLoader. It was showing version 0.0 whereas the one I already had displayed 0.1.

So far everything is working fine on my PSP Go. If I need PSN access I just reboot out of HEN temporarily.

4. uchijaitachi’s avatar

6.31 hen works perfectly but i’ve just got a question: mow much does in average my psp go battery? And while using this hen and playing isos is it possible to say my battery rans out faster than playing other games? Can u help me?

1. Noth’s avatar

Umm… I would think you use less power running a game off ISO than off UMD since the UMD drive is a mechanical device.
      So No. I don’t think it’s possible.
      That said there are games which use a lot more power than others, regardless of being run from ISO or UMD.

1. uchijaitachi’s avatar

@ Noth
        Thanks, in fact i have a psp go and it was just a sensation that when running isos my battery seemed to run out faster than playing normal games somehow i think the battery wasn’t full charged and I left the psp in stand by mode like for 18 hours neverthekless i could play tenchu and gta for almos 5 hours lol, thanks

5. hoolshazzam’s avatar

6.36 HEN is now released!!!!!!!!!!

Coder: Coldbird and Virtuos Flame

6. Mobai’s avatar

Is a new revision already out?
    Maybe with Plugin Support?

7. val’s avatar

Hello,
    Can anyone tell me how to hack psp 3004 5.50 firmware..Please

1. Toru’s avatar

Just update your psp to 6.20,6.31 or 6.35 and use the HEN buddy.

8. paul_kaiser’s avatar

sometimes when i play my iso games it freezes then turns my psp off, can someone please help me? appreciate all your help guys, thanks

1. miku!!!’s avatar

If you mean that it freezes when you put it into sleep mode, then it’s just a bug because it happens to me too. It would freeze when I take it out of sleep mode and I have to power it off.

2. billybellfoot’s avatar

having same problem NEED HELP ALSO PLEASE
      6.31 pro installed
      prometheus iso loader in /game
      iso folder with iso’s in @ root of mem stick
      prometheus loads but iso crash and turn psp off ??
      any help much apreciated

1. Matt’s avatar

I think not all isos are compatible, for me some work and others don’t.
        Be sure to see if any incompatible plugin is turned on too, I tried some and crashed all games.

2. Toru’s avatar

Some iso that has been patched cant work with iso loader. Try get iso that not patched yet.

9. Paul’s avatar

I was getting the memory leak warning, downloaded 650pro swapped files on memory stick now works a treat!!!

1. Hubart’s avatar

Ive also got a memory leak problem also, anyone know where to get this 650pro , whatever it is

10. eduardo’s avatar

wololo could you please watch my videos and explain that man that with hbl 112 i never get the hen working i only did because i use hbl 109 debug version….

1. hllo’s avatar

i don’t know what wrong if u load hen with hbl r109?i thinks it same. but if you want load hen with r112 i have teach you

11. billybellfoot’s avatar

have 6.31pro installed and prometheus iso loader installed iso to root of mem stick but promethus crashed any way to fix this ? help anyone pleasse? thanks in advance for any help given

1. Matt’s avatar

Try other games (homebrews and emulators). If they run ok, maybe the iso loader is corrupted. If all games crash, that’s probably you have some plugin installed in “game.txt” that’s not compatible with the HEN.
      Hope this helps

12. Matt’s avatar

Just to warn you guys that AdHocToUsb.prx (needed to play with Xlink Kai directly on usb) doesn’t work.
    If any of you found a way to get it working I’d like to know.

13. Enigma’s avatar

6.36 Out? Damn, that’s fast. I’m crashing with the ISO Loader trying to run Dead or Alive: Paradise…Anyone Help Please?

14. paul_kaiser’s avatar

i am able to play some iso games but sometimes at any time when im playing the game it freezes then turns my psp off, is it the hen or the prom iso loader? im using psp 3001 6.31 and prom iso loader, i also tried the reset to default settings it still doesn’t work for me, btw im playing all my legal iso games just so you know lol. i have 20 them and its a real pain in the ass to bring all of them with me everytime i travel. need help guys thanks a lot.

15. paul_kaiser’s avatar

and with regards to iso compatibility, i have tried all of my legal iso back ups (gow ghost of sparta, naruto akatsuki rising, tekken 6, tekken dark resurrection etc,)

1. noth’s avatar

Paul, I’m running OFW 6.31/HEN and the prome loader, and I have some ISO’s that work perfectly, also some CSO’s. However most of the ISO’s I have do NOT work.
      It seems very picky about the ISO/CSO and the driver. I have yet to see anything work with M33 driver, all the working ones I found worked with np9660.
      I know the working ones work perfectly as I have played them for hours on end without glitches.
      Oh an I’m on a PSP-GO N1004.
      So my guess is that you need to rip the ISO’s differently, would not know how though as I did not make the ISO’s I have that work.

16. noth’s avatar

Does anyone have a MVSPSP version that does not crash on this HEN? I’m almost considering going back to HBL because of MVSPSP not working…
    I’ve tried both user and kernel mode ones, versions fromm 2.0.6-2.2.1-2.2.2-2.3.1 all crash but 2.3.1 crash loading mvspsp itself, and 2.3.1 crashes loading a game…
    If someone has a working one, please post a link :)

17. slackerforlife’s avatar

I am running PSP_GO 6.31 hbl-r112 Sukkiri_exploit with HEN631

ISO_loader -> Prometheus_Iso_loader

I have the same problem with ISO/CSO’s they are saying that the ones that don’t work were patch with Takka’s PSP ISO Tool, so i was wondering
    will Takka update the ISO Tool with a patch undo function for HEN user.

18. Gus’s avatar

I got it to work

PSP3000 Monster Hunter Limited Edition PSP (Hunter Edition for MH3rdPort)

English Patched ISO on 6.31 OFW into 6.31 PRO

AWSOME it works…

Now we just need CW Cheat/Recovery Menu/and Clockspeed

19. Linkster’s avatar

Hi all! is it dangerus for me to upgrade my psp to 6.35?

20. assault’s avatar

@Linkster no its not dangerous

21. Linkster’s avatar

i’m asking this ti know if it is better to stay in the 6.20 or to go to the 6.35!
    dont know what to do… ^^’

1. paul_kaiser’s avatar

no dude, stick to 6.20 for now as TN’s hen is much stable and will have a new release (TN-HEN C). i envy you guys with 6.20 ofw. cause mine has already has 6.31 when i bought it.

1. noth’s avatar

*nodding* absolutely, both my psp’s unfortunately were 6.31, I checked every unit they had in the store looking for a 6.20.. even tho TN-A was not released yet, but I knew it was coming.
        Afaik the TN-HEN is much better than the HEN6.31 – you have plugins, vsh menu, and better homebrew compatibility, plus you can fake the FW version..
        imho the HEN6.31 has very low homebrew compatibility, most emulators do not run on it… ISO’s do however with the prommie loader.

22. Enigma’s avatar

Any Word on CXMB?

23. billybellfoot’s avatar

does anyone know of a compatible umd dumper for 6.31 pro?
    “tested working”

1. Mitch’s avatar

Google Pspfiler 6.6 it includes a very good psp umd ripper which turns it into an iso( I used it for Kingddom Hearts Birth By Ssleep, Crisis Core, and Battlefront Elite Squadron.)

1. billybellfoot’s avatar

thanks mitch will give it ago saves lugging all my umd about everytime

24. Parma’s avatar

Is it recommended to upgrade from 6.31 to 6.35 ?
    Does it work better ?

1. equis’s avatar

In my point of view, is not recommended that you update, @Parma. Despite the fact that 6.35 PRO HEN has more compatibility and being able to run plugins, there is probably coming a downgrader to these systems (rumors), but some guys say downgrading from 6.35 is not possible. My advice: wait some time.

25. andy’s avatar

WOLOLO can u plz make a tn hen for ofw 6.31 (for psp go )

26. SwoRNLeaDejZ’s avatar

OK, i had an idea, somewhat in the spirit of TN-B (HEN) for 6.20. So, would it be possible, in 6.31 PRO, to use a program like PSPFiler to edit flash0:/vsh/etc/version.txt and replace the 6.31 information with the 4.05 or 5.00 information, and then run the PSP 5.03 Update so that you can use ChickHEN R2 to install some GEN Firmware? I know that in 6.35 it isnt possible to run an update lower than your version, but i havent heard anything about 6.31 being blocked. The only issue i have run into so far, is that PSPFiler can access, and edit, version.txt, but it can not save the file correctly. Once i save it, when i go back into it, the 6.31 version.txt information is there again.

Maybe someone can point me in the direction of some sort of homebrew that can actually SAVE version.txt, so that I can try this (i will sacrifice one of my 3000s because i have two of em) because i am gung ho about this possibility. This would be quite the breakthrough in the PSP scene.

So if anyone out there knows of a homebrew, or a method, to save to flash0:/vsh/etc/version.txt so i can get cracking on trying to “DownDate” (the opposite of Update) i call it. Anyone who has any ideas, drop a line to tradekillas@aol.com and lets get it going :D

27. chronabis’s avatar

replace hbl/menu/EBOOT.PBP with the EBOOT.PBP from the Hen
    Enjoy

wtf does that even mean?

28. DJ’s avatar

Hello everyone, I need some advice. I have a PSP with OFW 6.35, what is the best way for me to get MAME on my psp? By getting HEN on my PSP does it allow me to run other Emulators easily or is it more for PSP games only? I would love to be able to play Killer instinct on my PSP if its possible and maybe add a SNES emu for a slice of Mario and DK action to! Sorry for the dumb sounding questions but Iam knew to this kind of stuff on the PSP. If this is all possible please tell me the best/latest versions of the emulators for my PSP.

29. Demoncard’s avatar

chronabis on January 13, 2011 at 11:24 am
    “replace hbl/menu/EBOOT.PBP with the EBOOT.PBP from the Hen
    Enjoy

wtf does that even mean?”

Copy the hen’s EBOOT and overwrite the HBL one.

30. aksharif’s avatar

can some one tell me how to download game for psp hen pro

31. kongzaw’s avatar

can anyone help me?my psp got 3001 v6.31. i installed hbl-r112-sukkiri to the root of mem: stick and i run it. but system software’s name doesn’t change to 6.31PRO. what should i do? and i also want to know how to install Prometheus ISO loader ?

32. zane’s avatar

first thing i want to say is THANKS FOR EVERYTHING i mean thanks to them i finally hack my psp 3001 version 6.31 but i have a problem right now and is that i cant have seplugins(cheats) on it and i really please want to know if there are a posibility to have seplugins on it. HELP PLEASE!!

33. arkbird’s avatar

6.35 pro on PSP GO .. make pause & resume game feature not active .. when i resume game , game will be crash ..

i hope coldbird can fix this problem ..

im very sad for this problem … T_T T_T T_T ..

34. Spiro Mansour’s avatar

Im a little confused see im using a PSP 1000 6.20 firmware and I use HEN but Im not sure if I should update my psp because I did that once before and I did not use my PSP till I found HEN (one year later) so should I update or stick with 6.20.

35. wat u ma call it’s avatar

dude when i press x on the pro a thing it says its corrpt or cant play

36. manutd4life’s avatar

does this thing work on psp 1000 series?

37. samby’s avatar

my psp3000 6.35,i upgrade 6.60 but now i cant play game on this version please help me, where i can have firmware for 6.60 comfort with psp3000…

1. JUNAID’s avatar

your problem same like me. its solution is wait for the 6.60 downgrader releasing.plz reply me if u know any thing about it or its releasing date etc. plz

1. JUNAID’s avatar

i have psp 3001 and i update it 6.60.plz if anyone know about the 6.60 downgrade to previous version releasing so plz help me.

38. sam’s avatar

hello i m very thankful to who release CFW Pro B9, u done a good job i can play all game in 3001,5star to u

· 1 · · 6 · 7 · 8