Happy New Year!

I wish a happy new year 2011 to everyone reading this blog :)

Many thanks go to the PSP scene, in particular all devs, testers, and users of Wagic and HBL. These two projects have been a major part of my life for the past 3 years, and they wouldn’t be so cool without the support of the community.

Thanks to people who donated for Wagic and HBL. This year, part of the money was used in a PS3 dongle (which I gave away on this blog), and I sent the rest to Wikipedia and the Red Cross.

• (From the wikipedia FAQ) Wikipedia is the world’s largest and most popular encyclopedia. It’s online, free to use for any purpose, and free of advertising. Wikipedia contains more than 17 million volunteer-authored articles in over 265 languages, and is visited by more than 408 million people every month, making it the fifth most-popular site in the world. It is a collaborative creation that has been added to and edited by millions of people during the past nine years: anyone can edit it, at any time. It has become the largest collection of shared knowledge in human history. The people who support it are united by their love of learning, their intellectual curiosity, and their awareness that we know much more together, than any of us does alone.
  • Red Cross: The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is an international humanitarian movement with approximately 97 million volunteers, members and staff worldwide which was founded to protect human life and health, to ensure respect for all human beings, and to prevent and alleviate human suffering, without any discrimination based on nationality, race, sex, religious beliefs, class or political opinions.

In 2010, we released 4 major updates to Wagic (the latest one is 0.14.1, it rocks and I highly recommend you download it, it’s hundreds of hours of fun for free). 3 user mode exploits were publicly released (Patapon, Hot shots golf, Minna no sukkiri) and you’ve seen HBL growing from a proof of concept to a full blown exploit-independent loader that supports 90% of homebrews. The year ended with a bang with the release of Total_Noob’s Hen, the first time we got Kernel access on the PSP Go, and the symbol of freedom for all users who had been waiting since the last kernel exploit by Davee almost 2 years ago.

And guess what? Despite this, you’ll still find people to say that the PSP scene is dead (of course, people who’ve been in the scene long enough know that the scene has been said to be dead for the past 4 years already…I think the first time I read “the scene is dead” is when firmware 1.51 was released :) )

For new year’s eve I had to watch Arashi for hours with my wife and her family… how about you?

1. CAPORD’s avatar

Thanks Wololo and all the other developers of de HBL, thanks to you guys my psp has stopped collecting dust because about 7 months ago i didnt have any new game and i wasnt interesting in have a new one but when i realized that the HBL existed inmediatly my psp was revived with all the homEbrews that i could use.

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR EVERYONE¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

2. MuffinHeadicus’s avatar

Happy New Year Wololo!
    You have a very beautiful wife and family.
    Many blessings for you and the guys for 2011.

1. 0M9H4X’s avatar

actually thats not him…
      its a screenshot from the show he had to watch: kohaku arashi.
      it most likely shows the staff.
      no reason to shame, every1 makes mistakes…
      sorry i still had to laugh xD

1. MuffinHeadicus’s avatar

LOL!
        …..erm….oops.

Well, my holiday wishes still stand! :)

1. Gillu’s avatar

^ I salute to you Sir …ha ha ;)

3. hellyeah’s avatar

ISO LOADER FOR HBL 6.30 NOW !!!! PLEASE!!!!

1. rafael707’s avatar

@ hellyea

die now troll, iso support not included with HBL, only user sploit

1. Joel’s avatar

i want it but im patient :D lol playing other things till it comes out

1. Sonitles’s avatar

Wait. Deal with it.

Anyway, happy new year, Wololo! ^^
      And for everyone. \o

2. PSPsHarPEyEz004’s avatar

you know men! some 6.3X are very polite in asking! u can tell it politely right in ur way of saying u feel like ur the boss?!

3. sevy_philippines’s avatar

iso loader is not possible on hbl in 6.35,.,.
      loading iso needs a kernel exploit,.,.
      and the exploit in 6.35 is only a user mode exploit,.,.

4. amogrr’s avatar

Happy New year wololo.

5. psp-3010’s avatar

Feliz año nuevo wololo.
    Gracias por todo.

6. ET’s avatar

Happy New Year!!!
    I appreciate your work Wololo.

7. cloud’s avatar

Happy New Year Wololo!
    ????~~

8. zhizhuo’s avatar

“Happy New Year” From China,but today is January 2 in China…..

9. Spider-Monkey’s avatar

Back to school next week!! :D Now time will pass faster and maybe the 6.3x hen/downloader will come unexpected for me :D Oh and yeah Wagic will also help pass my time too(it’s addicting!!). Wagic is just so well made!! :D

10. joejoejoe’s avatar

The psp scene legitimately died right after firmware 5.03, because after that everyone who had an exploit kept it for themselves… *cough*DAVEE*cough*… that guy’s a real douche, most people defend him and say “he only did it because people wanted ISO support!”, but i really think he’s a douche, I mean he stopped the HEn for 5.03 (he had an unreleased r3) then when he got the 6.10 HEn he acted like *fuck you i have a HEn and you don’t bitches!!” I mean the guy did great with 5.03, and his hacking skills are good, and i respect him for it, but god… he’s an ass hole, and i hope he knows that…. He disappointed A LOT of people

1. Spider-Monkey’s avatar

Well,Wololo and TN ain’t like that. They do staff for free and they care for the people that have 6.35 and making everybody happy. But apparently some are not satisfied with HBL and being an asshole and want a Hen ASAP. So if your worry that TN wouldn’t make any thing for 6.35, think again because he will do something for us :D

2. Thanatos’s avatar

Hey, idiot, if you wanted a HEn so badly, and you feel good enough to call people who are actually trying to help idiots, why didn’t you make your own?

3. equis’s avatar

Those words can not have credibility if not said by Davee himself. You speak by others, calling them whatever you want, and You are not a scene protagonist.
      I feel the scene dies everytime people speak like you do.

11. dropslack’s avatar

Happy New Year wololo! Thanks to you the PSP hackers and developers.

You gave us the best gift on 2010. God Bless You all.

May the freedom be with us..

12. Hunter’s avatar

Happy New Year, and thank you Wololo, m0skit0, Total_Noob, Davee, Dash-hacks, Sony(yes, Sony) vFlame, Liquidzigong, exophase, Takka and all developers who worked on unlocking Sony’s wonderful little gadget again.

Oh, and since I’m only 16, I can’t donate directly to TN, so I sent $30 to the Red Cross. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. jamoer’s avatar

well, thanks a lot to sir Wololo and the team, your great work on HBL make a deep sense to us, thanks your HBL ,use homebrew is possible, ISO or CSO just a little part , the most important part is we are free to use our own psp . thanks again . and happy new year by the way

14. PSPsHarPEyEz004’s avatar

HappY New YEar wololo!!!

15. Sahil’s avatar

Happy New Year everyone.

16. ffdgh’s avatar

OMG Davee may release a downgrader today or tomorrow!
    didn’t say which firmware tho.

1. Spider-Monkey’s avatar

Yeah that guy…hopefully its for 6.35 and real :D

2. NEHAshu’s avatar

tell me the link

1. ffdgh’s avatar

sorrrry
          forgot to post the link >_<

17. Abdullah’s avatar

@wololo

I just remembered that a person called “sonyspy1″ on youtube had made a PSP 3000 6.20 to 5.03 Downgrade. I forgot to tell you this. For all those people out there, he is on 6.20 OFW. Can you confirm this please? He said that devs can get there hands on this.

Sorry for going off-topic.

1. Covert’s avatar

It’s Fake.

1. Abdullah’s avatar

Are you sure because the XMB colours changed which shows that the PSP had been restored to default settings.

18. cscash241’s avatar

hey wololo did u know about davee’s downgrader http://twitter.com/daveeftw

19. yellow’s avatar

hey all you 6.3xusers you will be happy to hear this read up:Dave wants to Total_Noob sometimes comes into play:
    Therefore, he will release his Downgrader maybe tomorrow!
    He has it on a PSP go tested and is probably on other devices functions.he also wrote on his Twitter account that he was almost finished.

20. solideater’s avatar

esoooooo feliz año para todos q la pasen muy bien y tengan felices fiestas¡¡¡¡¡ gracias a todos¡¡¡¡

21. Abdullah’s avatar

Davee is releasing a downgrader for PSP Go 6.3X tomorrow and he has tested it on his PSP Go.

Wololo, i need your advice. I have a PSP Go with 6.20 TN-B HEN and i want to see if Davee’s downgrader works 6.3X. Should i upgrade or not?

1. cscash241’s avatar

i am not wololo but i would say no because there is like 10% chance of bricking (probably more on anything but a psp go on 6.31) i however am going to try this because i am already on 6.31 and my psp came on with version 5.70 (i wouldn’t try to downgrade a psp lower than a fw it came out the box with)

22. yellow’s avatar

@Abdullah calm down just wait and see what this downgrader can do i hear it will maybe be release tomorrow just be patient and it could be just for 6.31 or 6.35 so dont upgrade until its release.

23. JeeVeS’s avatar

Guys, I have a known way to downgrade your PSPs safely which i shall be putting up soon at http://psp-dg.weebly.com/

Check it out in about a week…I’ll be updating in the meantime — so all you PSP-100x owners can visit it now as I have a guide!

24. equis’s avatar

Happy new year Wololo, you and the other developers active in the scene!!! Thx!!!

25. JOTEX’s avatar

hi wololo greetings to you i wish you a very happy new year with a lot of work ,health and love to you and your family from chile.

Pd: thanks for your work, i rescue my friend because he buy a psp 3010 with 6.20, and he don´t know how to free the psp ,and i tell him how to make it.

26. chris’s avatar

wololo do you know about the psp’s private keys?

27. Moon_Doggie’s avatar

para ma-iba:
    Maligayang Bagong taon Wololo….
    Salamat at hindi na Zombie ang PSP ko.Have a Nice New Year..(I’m using Filipino language,translate it if you want)

28. beem1’s avatar

Happy New Year!! Thanks for the great blog! :)

My condolences for you having to watch Arashi for hours. D:

29. JDMDingo’s avatar

I live in Japan with my pregnant wife , so I had to watch arashi too….I hate those guys, but their game show is really good. Do you think there is any chance of my MHP psp-3000 6.36 getting CFW?

· 1 · 2