I’m always excited to announce a new release of Wagic. This new release is packed with new features and I want to thank all the devs, designers, testers, who helped making this game so great.
What is Wagic?
Is it still necessary to introduce Wagic? Often compared to commercial games for its replay value and quality, Wagic is a heroic fantasy card game, in which you fight as a wizard against the computer. As you win battles, you unlock new game modes and earn credits that allow you to improve your army. Wagic is community driven, entirely customizable (you can create themes, mods, even new rules), available in several languages (English, French, German, spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese), and open source. It currently runs on the Sony PSP, Windows, Linux, and N900 (maemo). Developer Xawotihs also started working on an iOs port for iPhone and iPad, but I’ll talk about that later
So, what’s new in this version? Well, a pile of stuff, as every time we do a release The most visible change is probably the new menus for deck selection. They make the “tasks” accessible directly from the menu (no need to go to the shopkeeper anymore to see what tasks would give you more credits), and we implemented an “AI Deck unlock” mechanism to smoothe the difficulty curve of the game.
- Hundreds of new cards (and new sets), mostly thanks to the work of Zethfox and Dr. Solomat. Wagic now allows you to play with more than 12’000 cards (more than 6700 unique cards)
- (PSP) Improved performance with firmwares 5.5x and 6.xx. TN Hen users should see a major improvement when running the game from the XMB. In worst cases, Wagic 0.13 used to take 20 seconds to launch from the XMB, this should now be instant.
- New deck selection menus in “classic” game mode, and in the deck editor (Mnguyen, abrasax)
- Opponents decks now need to be unlocked. Just play normally, and they will be naturally and progressively unlocked
- Mouse support in windows and Linux (We now have two windows versions, check the Download section for details) (Xawotihs)
- Various AI improvements by Zethfox
- Added Japanese font support (we need translators!) and improved Chinese font support (J, linshier)
- 6 new AI opponents (Zethfox)
- New wallpaper by Kaioshin
- Possibility to save as “AI Deck” in the deck editor so that you can easily play against new opponents without having to create the decks on a PC (mnguyen)
- Many, Many, many bug fixes, including some performance improvements (thanks to all devs but especially Mootpoint!)
If you enjoy Wagic, please consider a donation. Thanks in advance!
As usual, enjoy this new release of Wagic! This release is (of course!) compatible with HBL and the TN Hen.