TN Hen finally released: the wait is over!

Note:my server is under huge load due to this release, so please be patient for updates to the FAQ etc…after all, it’s Christmas for me too, and I have a hard time explaining to my guests that I’d like to be close to a computer in the next 48h :)

Finally, Total_Noob released his Hen for 6.20 earlier on the site pspgen.com. This is a historical moment, the first public Kernel exploit in more than a year and a half, but especially, the first kernel exploit on the pspGo.

Right now, this allows you to run your favorite homebrews directly from the XMB. HBL allowed you to do that, but the compatibility here is total, as homebrews that require Kernel mode will run as well. The Hen also comes up with plugin support, so we are closer to a LCFW than a “simple” Homebrew Enabler here. What can I say, it was worth the wait.

Soon enough, we’ll see more features compatible with this Hen, and I’m confident that ISO Loading will be there too, for better or for worse.

Yes, if you’re a pspgo owner, your psp just got waaaay better all of a sudden :)

Enjoy, and download here

source: pspgen.com

1. iamthepsp’s avatar

it’s not just psp 3000 users. Imma psp 2000 ta-088v3 ofw 6.20 user…
    6.20 tn-a hen didn’t work for hbl r79 so i updated to r101 and it still didn’t work. updated it again to r109 and bam it worked. force shutdown my psp, start hbl, loaded HEN and bam it suddenly doesn’t like homebrew games and crashes at that stupid psp logo.

btw, i got memory leak also but i could still load homebrew games, no freezes nothing. until i force shutdown my psp

2. bright alex’s avatar

TN HEN is working….though litle instable…not supporting all homebrews like kurok, half-life….cavestory is working
    i guess one should format the mem stick…nd go on for a clean installation of HEN + HBL…as previous plugins nd hbl savedata files may conflict.
    waiting for iso tool !!!!
    thanks total-noob and wololo. :)

3. williand’s avatar

who here can tell me what the hell to do cuzz it freezes when i try to load any of my games and i got it to work one time

4. Orohu’s avatar

Can someone with a PS3 test out FuSa Gamepad with Scott Pilgrim?

5. james1552’s avatar

First off thanks Total_Noob and Wololo so much and anyone else who was involved for Hen :D

It’s glad to know it works for Go users, but like everyone else here I’m a 3000 user that still can’t get HEN to run. I have tried formatting, clean installs, several different revisions, different patapon saves, editing the .txt file, moving Hen to several locations. I have tried literally EVERYTHING.

Someone who has a PSP 3000 working (NOT PSP GO, we know it already works for you…) should upload a video of installing HEN on their psp and showing a video of how to install it and it working, because so far I have seen no proof of it working on PSP 3000′s except “mines 3000 it works, idk whats wrong with yours…” because yea thats SO helpful.

Anyways I’m done for tonight, hopefully, GEN will have a new version up in the morning. Merry Christmas to everyone :) and thanks for all the hard work :D

6. Nick’s avatar

Thanks TN and Wololo!!!! It finally works!!!

7. p3ini’s avatar

Cool, it’s released! But i can’t download it yet, because its christmas now and im so busy. Thank you Total_Noob and Wololo and all who helped with the HEN. I got my psp from my brother one year ago, and i was happy, but i did’nt do anything with the psp because it werent hacked. Six months ago i heard about hbl, and it was best. Now the hen is finally ready and all who has 6.20 can hack their psp. Thanks. :))

8. PenkoDR’s avatar

Works flawless on the PSP Go. Cant wait to play ISOs on it. IDC if its illegal.

9. Asthork’s avatar

Working fine in a psp-3010, with 6.20 firmware. Thanks Total_Noob and Wololo for you hard work, i hope i dont need to wait other year for the release of the iso loader hehe, sorry for my bad english, salutes and greetings from Mexico.
    Merry Christmas

10. Macko Darlack’s avatar

use hblr109 DEV version :3
    it works for me :D !!!
    greetings from peru ;D

usen hblr109 DEV version :3
    me funcionó así :D !!!
    saludos desde perú ;D

11. th3pwnsh0p’s avatar

I’ll try getting a video of my 3000 on 6.20TN-A soon :D

12. Will’s avatar

my first comment on this site. thanks to everyone who was involved in HBL and TN Hen Hope you all have happy holidays. Im new to the psp scene, just got a 3000 last month, with the kh:BBS bundle, and with the Hen out im one step closer to being able to play my all time favorite childhood game digimon world 3. I havent played it in years since my cd stopped working, but once again happy holidays to everyone involved with this release. :D

13. TheLoneWolf™’s avatar

THANK U SO MUCH WOLOLO AND T_N!!!
    U GUYS ARE AWSOME!!
    IT WORKS GREAT!! :)

14. Shadyblue9o9’s avatar

i have a psp2000 with 6.20 and HBL r109 on it with patapon 2 demo…. i go onto it and run the HEN… but it doesnt return to the XMB out of the 3 or 4 times i have tried :( and when i try to exit the game… it crashes…. what am i doing wrong?

15. Nickolas’s avatar

I have a PSP 3000 and it works like a charm! Thank you wololo TN Davee Dark-AleX and everybody involved in the PSP scene. What do I need to do in order to play PSX games? Or isn’t it possible?

Anyway Merry Christmas everybody!

16. Awesome’s avatar

What plugins have been running on the HEN? I heard hold.prx works. How do we activate the plugins if there isn’t a recovery menu? Happy Holidays to everyone!
    Thank you TN,Wololo,noob81,m0skito,davee and everyone else who helped/contributed to HBL or TN-A.

17. hyponima’s avatar

It’s work!!! Merry Christmas Wololo !!! ^^

18. zul’s avatar

thnx total noob n wololo………
    its really works now…….

now i hope,,,iso loader will release……….

19. light alex’s avatar

guess there’s a prblm….i formatted my mem card and installed patapon 2 + savedata + hbl + hen…….
    it loads perfectly…..widout memory leak….with vsh menu…..but when i start any homebrew it just crashes my psp !!! :(
    need some help !

20. DW’s avatar

For those people who could not get the HEN to work…
    Backup your data and format your Mem Stick. Restore defaults on the psp. Restart it.
    Put the EBOOT.pbp in your GAME Folder (no need to create a new folder), use HBL r101 (most successful for HEN), run HBL on the psp (go to the game folder if not in it already) select the ‘…’ at the top of the menu. If need be go to the game folder again. Wait for about 10s tops (Think about a big HEN with TN stamped on it…), check your Sys Info.
    Merry X mas!!

21. polik735’s avatar

all bunch of bull,,,all sites involved just trying to get more ”’views” or ”’visits”’ or suscribers”’ its all about publicity/money at the end,at least i am honest,i want free,i’d never buy or suscribe,,yeah they meke it work on psp go(+ sales 4 sony??)so everyone says ”yeah it works,just not in older psp’s”,,,what’s next now? easy:more ”visits”,”views”,”suscribers” crap!!!

1. DW’s avatar

You are right about 95% of the sites but Wololo here is truly a Good Samaritan for people like you and me. Also, the HEN works on psp 3004 ’cause that’s what I am using to type this – a psp 3004 with 6.20 TN (A) HEN

22. p3ini’s avatar

It doesn’t work on my PSP 1004 :/ It crashes when i try to start homebrews! How can i get this work? It worked on me once with DW’s help, but doesn’t work anymore. I have restored default settings, format the memory stick and put the patapon 2 demo, hbl r101, save data, hen files, all back in the memory stick, but doesn’t work! Somebody PLEASE help me!

1. DW’s avatar

Dude, why do you need TN HEN when you can have a full blown cfw? 1000s are completely hackable.

2. 0M9H4X’s avatar

yes, get a Pandora battery and make urself a Magic memory stick to install a full CFW which is still far superior to any HEN.

23. Junior Veinerg’s avatar

Wilian estou com um problema igual ao seu…
    alguem que tenha psp 3001 que ja conseguiu por favor deixar relatos

24. Junior Veinerg’s avatar

Wilian I have a problem equal to its …
    someone who has already got that psp 3001 please leave reports

25. wolala’s avatar

merry christmas~
    ha~

26. Opi’s avatar

thank you very much!

27. san!t’s avatar

hey, any update on iso loader by dridri anyone?

28. gty’s avatar

Thank you so much!
    Good Work finally relased ahhh good

29. Zhang Han’s avatar

Total_Noob & wololo

This is the best present for PSP fans~
    Thank you very much and Merry X’mas!

30. bazio13’s avatar

Patch for 3k PSP in the description !

Works fine now !

31. bazio13’s avatar

http://tnij.org/patch3k Patch for not working hen !

32. IdiScRiMiNaTe’s avatar

youtube.com/watch?v=mWSgSrwH8WA how to install vid/tuts

33. MLNDZ’s avatar

To load homebrews in 3000 with HEN:
    -Run HEN
    -When you’re already in XMB, take out your memory stick
    -Restart VSH (from VSH menu…)
    -Once back in the XMB, put back your memory stick
    -Enjoy!!

This worked for me, I have a psp 3000 assasins creed edition with HBL 109

34. iDiScRiMiNaTe’s avatar

youtube.com/watch?v=mWSgSrwH8WA how to install vid

35. xyntfosrllas’s avatar

MLNDZ man u are a genius thank you!!

36. Lejam987’s avatar

Some of the homebrews don’t work (Half life and Quake Arena Arcade don’t work) Also i was able to run CwCheat on GTA LCS but no cheats would show up…also when i run CwCheat on most other games it freezes. D:

37. Lejam987’s avatar

Oh and BTW CSPSP online won’t work either…

38. xyntfosrllas’s avatar

when do u think would be a downgrade to 5.03??

39. Neo’s avatar

Sony deberia de agradecer a Total_Noob, Wololo, Dark_Alex, porque gracias a este xploit la psp se va a vender mas y va a tener mas demanda, en lugar de hacer parches deberian bajar los precios de los ISOS y hacer oficial los homebrew, pero ya saben puros monopolios, saludos y felices fiestas, y una vez mas Felices fiestas, y gracias Total_Noob, Wololo.

40. victasa’s avatar

Awesome, it works !!!

Thanks TN and Wololo for updating the news here !!!

Hope ISO loader will be released soon !

41. Misha’s avatar

Thanks TN, you are a stud, born in Stud-Ranch, in Washin-Stud.
    Can’t wait for 6.35.

42. Zen’s avatar

@wololo/TN

any news about 6.35? Just to clear the question whether it is still in works or not at all.

43. shree’s avatar

Hey
    can any one pls tell me how it can work on OFW 5.50? :S

44. Lorenzo’s avatar

When will TN work on 6.35 because the Minna no Sukkiri Firmware 6.35 exploit isn’t working (of course after christmas) but will it ever come for 6.35?

And is the exploit for 6.35 better or that from 6.20?

happy holidays all.