More videos of the playstation phone?

Those of you who have been following the Playstation Phone Saga probably already know that some “spy” videos started appearing recently on youtube, showing something that looks like a Sony-Ericsson-Xperia-PSP Device, matching the photos initially revealed by Engadget. New videos were posted today by gamerinn.com.br

This seems less and less like a secret, and it would be suprising that Sony can actually deny the existence of the phone until Februray (a Date that was initially hinted by Sony Ericsson), as some sites say we could even get an announcement as soon as December, 9th (next week).

The question of this phone supporting actual PSP games still remains, although my guess is that this won’t happen unless the phone embeds a PSP CPU, as emulation would require way too much work. Most likely, PSP compatibility won’t happen, which seems to be confirmed by the rumors that Sony want the phone to be branded with the Xperia name rather than Playstation.

Let’s wait, and meanwhile, enjoy the videos.

Of course, given the bulkiness of the prototype, these could be fake, or another unrelated phone attached to a psp pad, so takes this with a grain of salt. But my experience tells that fakers would have shown God Of War running on the device :P

Thanks to the people who hinted me on this especially p3ini and explitr , I know I haven’t be very up to date on this device recently, shame on me!

1. punker69’s avatar

YES Im the First who Comment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Shinny’s avatar

im 3rd geez psp phone…. guys its just a phone…. the maximum it will run is psx…. i think…. lets just watch….

3. hacktester’s avatar

It looks intresting.I dont think it can surpass the Ipod,though.The Ipod was something completly new(AFAIK,correct me if Im wrong),while the PSP Phone looks more like a PSP with phone functions and 3D phone games.At least thats the way I see it.You must remember that the DS was appreciated because of the amount of exclusive games,while the PSP had A LOT of ported PS2 games,and most of the exclusives were trash(not all,but most of them).I think the story will repeat again with the Ipod and the PSP Phone this time…

4. Shinny’s avatar

@hacktester im whith u…

5. Kylinii’s avatar

Qianpai,haha!

6. Coolguy’s avatar

So when is this gonna get hacked????
    =D

7. Punker69’s avatar

@Coolguy

it will Hack Tomorrow.

All device can be hacked

8. sonydog’s avatar

Why would I want a cell phone on my PSP? Seriously, did Sony do any market research or do they just throw-up whatever they think of?

And they should embrace the homebrew scene…. That is a huge part of the PSP fan base. I can poop a better marketing plan.

9. TotalNews’s avatar

Hey great news i contacted TN and he said
    “I will release the hen when im done porting it to 6.35!!!”

What do you think of that ???

10. darkriku’s avatar

@sonydog
    Where do I begin…
    1st: This isn’t a psp plus phone, it’s supposedly a smart phone by sony erricson. And if nobody wanted a smart phone, there wouldn’t be an iPhone or Android phones.
    2nd: This is a sony erricson, not a playstation phone. Even though they’re both sony, they are still technically different companies. The are 3 main divisions of sony:
    Sony, who makes the Bravia TVs and Vaio laptops
    Sony Computer Entertainment, the guys who make playstation products and own the playstation brandname. And…
    Sony Erricson (yeah I don’t know how to spell it), who make the Sony cellphones.

That’s why they have this code name, they likely wouldn’t use the playstation name since that belongs to SCE.

Personally, I’m interested. If this has a good version of the android software than I’d like to see what it can do.

11. releaseTNHEN’s avatar

FUK THIS!!
    RELEASE THE TN HEN!!!!! PLEASE!!!!

12. rafael707’s avatar

@releaseTNHEN

on the behalf of everyone, fuk you xD

code you own HEN or stfu, god im gettin annoyed with this, i bet the devs are even more…

OT: i hope the psp2 has better hardware than this phone

13. Cixxy’s avatar

Wow, not only is the design appalling its hella bulky as well. I mean seriously wtf sony I hope this is just a VERY early prototype.

14. PsYchoTikDose’s avatar

my neptune source s told me it’s been realesed in japan -_-
    Just f**ing with you :D

15. PsYchoTikDose’s avatar

my neptune source s told me it’s been realesed in japan -_-
    Just f**king with you :D

16. nickxab’s avatar

Lol it’s not fake….

17. come back liquidzigong’s avatar

Be patient,man..
    Be a polite lamer.

18. LoL’s avatar

oh dear I hope it doesn’t suffer the same as Nokia N-Gage

19. Fan Tsang Ting’s avatar

HI,my dear hackers.I am a Hongkonger.And i want to know more about the information of the new released masked rider psp game.We can’t play it so that we are very worried about when it will be hacken to play.Just help you guys can help us.THank You veru much.

20. TotalNews’s avatar

OK,people is it true that the porting to 6.35 is going totake 6 to 10 months??Couse in the HBL/TN HEN progress it says just thah???What the hell is he crazy 6 to 10 months thats jus wrong.

21. yellow’s avatar

hey you guys check this video it says that helcatts recovery flasher works on hbl if it does this should be good for people with psp 1000 here link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz1kBG4DROY

22. Noobpwnr’s avatar

@wololo
    I have a favor to ask of you, would it be possible for you to ask Total Noob if he’s going to keep working on the HEN for 6.20, and if he says no, can you ask him if you can release it?

Thanks in advance :D

23. darkriku’s avatar

@TotalNews
    1) Were did you read that?
    2)If that is true, it’s not because he wants it to take that long

24. Noobpwnr’s avatar

Where did i read what?

25. Krozoa’s avatar

that was only a joke at wololo.net.talk the release is still to “before christmas”

26. shura’s avatar

total_noob updated his blog in the comments part

T?tal_Noob said…

I have thought about it and will add iso support in TN HEN 6.35. I will release in couple days.

27. shura’s avatar

nop, sorry it was just a fake

28. punker69’s avatar

@wololo

Can you update Us About TN HEN?

i doubt the HEN is Already Finished 100% and

i think he will release it as Christmas Gift on december 25,2010 12:00am:

29. Shinny’s avatar

i dont understand people…… i mean the 6.35 hen is the best thing he can do…. 1. u dont need even hbl nor golf game nor demo….. vsh is for that…. 2. its good for 6.20 users and 6.30/35 users… stop buging wololo and tn…. btw hello from ukraine…

30. Irfan’s avatar

@wollo
    here is good news for all of us waiting for tn hen
    there is a update from total noob
    u can read @ http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=146
    100% of homebrew support

31. Irfan’s avatar

the hen is going to be released in a few days
    and he will make a post in his blog

32. Krozoa’s avatar

@Irfan great news, thanks for the head ups

1. Noobpwnr’s avatar

It’s actually a lie the person that wrote that was lying the release date is still before christmas

2. Irfan’s avatar

sorry man, today i confirmed that the information was fake.
      the total_noob comment was also fake i.e. the person who commented ws not total_noob

3. Irfan’s avatar

sorry man, today i confirmed that the information was fake.
      the total_noob comment was also fake i.e. the person who commented was not total_noob

33. bobvila’s avatar

Geez guys this is a thread about the playstation phone not tn hen

I think I would be cool with it if the phone is that bulky. Assuming it has a pretty nice processor that can handle some good gaming. It would be nice to be able to game for real on my phone. I’m all for it.

1. Cixxy’s avatar

thats funny.
      You gotta consider the fact that its like going back to those Sega Gamegears, cause they were bulky like that. Lol its like technology going back 20 years. I would think its just an embarrassment to be seen with something like that.
      It’s like for example, someone walking around with a stone brick of a mobile phone. It’s kinda hard to be “cool” at something like that, at least for me.

34. Wolfdawg’s avatar

ahhhhhhhhhh, so expensive
    I don’t know what I wan’t anymore :(

35. Organized_Chaos’s avatar

I don’t think I would want a PSP Phone. In my opinion Sony need to do more work on the PSP2 and forget the phone.

36. wololooo’s avatar