TN Hen: almost there

Total_Noob told me a few days ago that the Hen was very close to completion, and he confirmed that in a post on the german site pspking.de. He announced that his Hen now has 98% homebrew compatibility, a VSH menu (probably similar to what we have on the m33 and Gen CFW), and a “NanGuard” feature, which will prevent people from stupidly writing stuff to the flash.

source PSPKing.de (thanks to Ah-Chai and Mark for the tip!)

Last time I spoke to Total_Noob, there were still a few thing to finalize and a few bugs to fix, such as unlocking the 32MB of extended memory on models that support it.

Note that although Total_Noob announced that his Hen will not have ISO support, several teams are already actively working on game Loaders (such as Open Idea Iso Loader by dridri, which supposedly loads ISO/CSO and PSX games). Such loaders will probably be made compatible with firmwares 6.xx with little effort, and I am more and more confident that it will be a matter of days after the release of the Hen before things such as iso loading or plugin support are made available.

A Hen (Homebrew ENabler) is a tool that allows to run unsigned software (homebrews) on a PSP directly from the XMB. By default a HEn only allows homebrew loading (even though Total_Noob pushed the limits a bit further by adding features such as a VSH menu) and is not very different in its goals from a tool such as HBL. But unlike HBL, it relies on a Kernel exploit, which basically gives access to all the features of the PSP. It allows users to get full control of their psp, for better or for worse.

Ah-ChaiAh
  1. Ahmet’s avatar

@total_noob&wololo

6.20 TN-A WHEN PUBLISED ??? and ISOLOADER Is it possible to add? when publ?shed :))

thanks versiyon 5.50 :((

2. CrapLoad’s avatar

ISO loader will be blocked! thats why TotalNoob worked hard on his HEN to block any ISO loading attemps. good luck to us all crappers!!!

3. CoolKid’s avatar

do anyone have any predictions on when 6.20 TN HEN will release?

4. Basilman’s avatar

Kill the batman?

5. CrapLoad’s avatar

Total Noob clearly states that ISO loading is illegal. therefore he BLOCKS any future plug-ins that would attempt to load ISO’s. TN’s HEN will only run homebrews, no more no less. Finish.

6. Nick’s avatar

@CrapLoad If ISO loading is blocked, people will find a way, if they can crack official sony code, they can crack TNs, plain and simple.

7. CoolKid’s avatar

@yea i agree with nick. hackers will find a way crack TN iso loading.. speeking of TN when is it coming out?

8. Brian’s avatar

DO I NEED TO BUY HOTSHOT GOLF SINCE I HAVE OFW 6.31 PSP GO TO GET HEN TO WORK?????????????????
    dementor338@gmail.com

9. CrapLoad’s avatar

@Nick what are u talking about? “if they can crack official sony code, they can crack TNs, plain and simple.” what THEY? only TN is the one who ever cracked OFW 6.20. so that it means Tn is the only one who knows the anatomy of the firmware. TN make sure that his HEN is unhackable thats why he is working so hard to protect it. its already finish and ready to be released but still he is making sure that plug-ins wont work especially ISO loaders. there is no chance that it will load ISO’s…

10. fuck psp’s avatar

You can do what it says

11. tony’s avatar

CrapLoad you are you are truly are heck of CrapLoad. What are you trying to let us down by saying stupid shit like that? The hen will not be trying to block iso loader at all. It’s just that TN won’t supply it with his hen that’s all. Why would TN try to block it in his hen? TN does not work for sony you idoit. Wololo aslo said that porting an iso loader to 6.20hen will be very easy and it will come out in a matter of days after hen is released.
    STFU you are a fucking idiot.

12. martintim’s avatar

i come here day by day,hoping can hear the good news from u…

13. ~SUPER-_-TRUTH~’s avatar

@CrapLoad
    @Nick
    Hey you guys it’s simply like this. Okay you know how there are always updates in hacks. Some of those updates will loose security an make the home-brew better. Therefore it will play iso. CrapLoad if it plays home-brew it simply wins the ability to play iso’s. Look where he said 98% of the home-brew I bet that includes Xplora 1.8. I could simply port plugins to that to work with nervous that would simply run plugins to play Iso. Thus making the psp read Iso’s through Xplora 1.8. Coding isn’t that hard to brake when It’s half way there. Just wait and see…things always change. @Nick your right about loading ISO’s but it is a bad thing that people or some people want to get rid of including me. I think there should be no excuse for ISO’s when you could simply get a psp go and download games that way instead of having UMD’s that can break easily. @CrapLoad hey dude I am with you on ISO patching but it’s bad for business for me. I think TN should help make it flash-able where the hack is solid and if people “Brick there psp’s” there would be a method to fixing those psp2000v3, psp3000, and psp go. If home-brew is enabled your still going to do something illegal I think emulators are illegal if your downloading those Roms.
    Simply guys ISO will play even if you have to branch off from one application to another application then to the ISO.
    When PSP GO can play ISO’s a lot more will be sold. I don’t know if that is a good thing or bad thing.

14. abu’s avatar

will u make new hack for psp 300 version 6.31 n can u release in 2011

15. jacky’s avatar

Looking forward to!
    Everyday come to see see!

16. Flipper3249’s avatar

@ ~SUPER-_-TRUTH~

… Why u say how to proceed !

I will laft of u if wollolo or T-N read this and block the Homebrew if the 6.20TN

is protected !

(sorry for my bad english)

Good week !

17. JAPM’s avatar

gracias ya voy pa un año sin poder jugar na en mi psp los quiero…. lo apoyo

18. noobpwnr’s avatar

This may have been asked a million times, but does it support plugins?

19. HIN’s avatar

I am from hongkong
    is it work for the newest 6.36 game??

20. eddie’s avatar

According to CrapLoad, he says TN is trying to block plug-in’s. I don’t know but, we have to hear it from the creator. The only thing I want to do with my PSP is use plugins such as the cheat device. If it doesn’t support plug-in, might as well stick to the HBL.

21. svenn’s avatar

Great work, thx for the information! On the topic of illegal backups, its you’re own choice. If sony did not want this to happen over and over again to there psp, they should have released an open source develop pack, (I believe Apple does this, so why can’t Sony ?!). Homebrew as Wagic do earn the name of full game, I have played (and payed) for way lesser games then some ‘homebrew’. Indie game makers are the right way !

22. ~SUPER-_-TRUTH~’s avatar

@ Flipper3249
    wololo knows it himself. Trust me Wololo in a way wants it to disappear, but wouldn’t that be the downfall for hacking. Without home-brew the psp becomes boring. In a sense Home-brew has actually brought more customers to the PlayStation world. Who doesn’t want home-brew? Sony is really trying there best to get rid of it. It’s one of those things where it’s a have to. Sony wants people to pay for there games people so buy them. Think about it if more people bought there games Sony wouldn’t see it as a downfall. They probably would encourage these people to make the psp better. Sony could hire these programmers for small task. Some people hack to be known, but can’t really show there selfs. They are afraid of getting sued. Thats my theory of the hole thing.

Think about this: I know what I am about to say may make you think or may or may not be possible. BUT Think about this for a minute.

Dark Alex disappeared. A new hacker comes. There is a possiblity it could be dark alex or there could be a organzation where people are learned to hack. I could be apart of it, or I could want in but where do I turn? People all I am saying is: You should “Ponder”.

23. a894505085’s avatar

????????umd????????????

24. a894505085’s avatar

shen dian nongzai umd nei cun ka ye xu bei feng sha le

25. Bishal’s avatar

i have psp 2003 5.5 version….
    when it’s hack will be release?
    please give me solution and suggestion for this

· 1 · 2 · 3 · 4