HBL Alternate menus

You may also like...

1. antcapp says:

finally! I am very happy.
    thanks wololo

2. 0M9H4X says:

the download link for “xenu by Mr.X” is broken.

3. sandesh says:

damn my noobness!!!

4. wololo says:

@0M9H4X : thanks, fixed!

5. Metroid_III says:

TY wololo, this is very useful. One question: how do we read the hb_folder value from our menu to start in the folder specified?

6. wololo says:

@Metroid_III: it is stored in settings->filename initially :) (see the code sample in the article, it retrieves it initially)

7. 0M9H4X says:

@wololo: thanks, downloaded!

8. cscash241 says:

if only wmenu was open source

9. Nymphaea says:

My simpleMenu is open source, if you need ideas. I also have the basics commands from the menu in a pair of files named “hblmenu.c” and “hblmenu.h”, they are available on my blog. Menu’s made with them can’t see multiple directories, I mostly made them to help learn how to make a menu for HBL.

Also, please, people who have the ability to make menu’s, please try. It’s nice to see options.

10. Metroid_III says:

@ wololo Thanks :)

11. wololo says:

@cscash241 : wMenu is closed source for reasons that I discussed many times. Mostly I was fed up with some people taking the sources of HBL, improving the existing menu with 10 lines of code, and getting all the praises for HBL. If wMenu were open source, these people would have done this again.

Now these guys have to actually code an entire homebrew, which is not difficult as I explain in this article (wMenu is less than 500 lines of code by the way, most of the work is done by JGE). Well guess what, the stealers stopped bothering, which proves my point.

99% of my work for the PSP community is open source, so accept the idea that 1% of it is not.

Also, as Nymphaea said, alternate versions are open source, so it’s not like you’re out of examples to start coding yours :)

12. Norml says:

The background goes nicely and the menu works also, it has a hint of darkness! I’d say it’s pretty much perfect, wouldn’t change it and always have to delete the other backgrounds now.

13. PSPatapon says:

Hey Wololo!
    I got some problems with the JGE++. Cause i want to write my menu in it.
    I downloaded JGE++ but i got only some examples. Could you help how i must use it? Thx!

14. w7y7a7t7t says:

alright heres my problem, i’m using SimpleMenu by Nymphaea because i’ve used it several times without one crash, but with Wmenu i get crashes 1/3 times. so my question is with wmenu it just showed homebrews, but the simpleMenu its also showing a bunch of odd files like ._doom not i thought theses were hidden files but when i look into games on folder on my psp with showing hidden files enabled i see nothing?

15. Neil says:

Thanks Wololo for that awesome feature! I am just curious, I am kinda a noob at this stuff so can anyone help me in putting mp3s in the HBL menu as wololo suggested? Because I have no idea what to do and I don’t wanna mess it up.

16. w7y7a7t7t says:

alright fixed my issue, for some reason i could only see the hidden files on windows and not os x for some reason. anyway i thought i should let you know that link for simplemenu is the older version, version 2 is out.

17. cscash241 says:

@Nymphaea you forgot the makefile in the sampel menu on ur blog

18. Nymphaea says:

@cscash241, if you are talking about the “hblmenu.c/hblmenu.h” files, it isn’t a complete menu. just the functions needed to make one. You can look at simpleMenu v1 for an example of it’s usage(version 2 doesn’t used these files though)

@w7y7a7t7t, that sounds like system files, they could be new since you changed to simpleMenu, they probably would have shown up on wMenu too.

Also, yes, version 2 of simpleMenu has been out for a while, you can get that at my blog too, if the one here is in fact version 1. I’m working on version 3 right now, less to worry about now that h4ck is back :P

19. sandesh says:

ok, i m sooo confused. can anybody gimme a hint of what i have to do/learn to create my own homebrew??? pls gimme a webpage atleast! thanks!

20. w7y7a7t7t says:

@Nymphaea do you know when version 3 will be and, also will you be able to use a .jpg or or other file type as a background like in wmenu?

21. Nymphaea says:

@sandesh, Try psp-programming.com :)

@w7y7a7t7t, I’m trying to make it ASAP, just fixed my computer today so I’ll be back at it. I may allow using of backgrounds with it, we’ll see :P

22. cscash241 says:

i would start here http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f141/how-to-create-games-and-apps-on-your-t153653/ but use psp sdk on windows instead of setting up code blocks whatever

23. cameraguy256 aka.terminator157 says:

I used eboot and mr x’s menu and it didnt let me quit gpsp kai 3.4 but wmenu did, WMENU 0.3 IS MORE STABLE!

24. w7y7a7t7t says:

@cameraguy256 aka.terminator157 just because a homebrew can’t exit back to the menu doesn’t mean it is more or less stable, and why would you need to quit gpsp kai? you can’t load anymore homebrews once you get to wmenu anyway.

25. patapon user says:

just wanted to know if u guys are done providing support to patapon users and if homer rin will ever work in the future revisions. homer rin is better because of cheat support. hehehe :)

26. Black Star says:

wMenu is still the best :P