Half Byte Loader R96 a.k.a. JJS rocks

1. dark2123 says:

@wololo can you make in yor next rev of HBL in PicoDrive run Sega CD ISOS with mp3 sound please???

2. Cynthia says:

Wololo and team, thank all so very very much! Like someone above said the battery percentage works in emulators now (no longer just displaying 50%). There are many small fixes, but it’s always the small things that make the big picture 😉

Just a quick question, would you still suggest setting the “override_sceCtrlPeekBufferPositive” to 0 or does this revision render any speedups this would have caused obsolete? i only ask because I did this on r96 and saw almost no speedup in frame rate using Mario kart 64 sound enabled, sound disabled though is a whole other story…
    (using a PSPGo 6.20, just in case this info is helpful)

You guys must love what you do, because it shows in your work. Your wMenu now takes up my pause game slot 24/7. Don’t let these little punks get to you guys, you’re monsters amongst the meek! Thank you all so very very much!

3. wololo says:

@Cynthia : on a 6.20 PSP Go, the override_sceCtrlPeekBufferPositive setting will not have any impact at all anymore. As you said yourself, it’s become obsolete for this model, and is now useful only for 6.20 3000 or 6.20 2000.

And thanks a lot 🙂

4. DjNeo says:

***?!!! well, my psp was 6.10 a week ago, then read the article sayin “update, HBL is more stable on 6.20″… really a don’t hate you @wololo, you can say thank to Peace Walker!!! great game but needs 6.20

5. bobthecow says:

Well its even worse for me cause i updated from version 5.03 which i could be enjoying chickhen! instead of this, but this is still great

6. mike says:

<3 fast release cycles. gives me hope that hbl will become perfect soon enough. (i'm having lots of crashes switching between cave story and snes9x, but if i play only one or the other i don't get a single problem.. it's weird.)

7. John says:

Great work Wololo and to the others who have been working on HBL. GBA emulator still crashes on exit though , not too much trouble though.

8. Wolfdawg says:

How do I install opera mini?
    Iv heard a lot of good about it

9. jemina0514 says:

@dog use pspkvm and the .Jar format of opera mini

10. Mitmakis says:

Well, Im glad I didn’t listen you guys (lol)

I stayed in 6.10 PSP 3000, thinking that maybe, 6.10CFW might come before 6.20 in the future and Ill enjoy some of the epic homebrew out there (Geometry Wars is one).

Good work on HBL so far, really annoying to have to go through the Patapon Demo everytime I wanna play a homebrew, but its definitely better than nothing.

Guess till 6.xx CFW (Which will probably never come..) is released, Ill be buying PS1 games off the PSN store and playing homebrew.

11. Danny says:

@kondzio….visit the HBL-PSP forum section on this here:

above is a list of compatible games

12. LeO says:

guess what the day this comes out ma psp BRICKED DUE TO UPDATE FAIL WITH 6.20 danm battery :< i'll just cry in the corner

13. Xeology says:

Well I am hoping you respond to this and clear up your article a bit. Here is the contradiction you have written.

“This update doesn’t improve HBL on firmware 6.20 for the PSP 2000 and PSP3000.”

“to make it clearer, this change improves HBL on the following machines: PSP1000/2000/3000 for all firmwares except 6.20.”

Just clarify for me, does this indeed improve speed on a psp 1000 running 6.20 or not? Thank you, good work regardless, just picking on your contradiction not your work 😉

14. n00b81 says:

Well the vuln that’s used in HBL in order to improve syscall estimation, does not exist on any other model other than GO, so I’m guessing that this does not improve “speed” on a psp 1000.

15. mtgrares says:

This is about a previous post.

By the way, Wagic’s “Brother’s War” campaign looks very interesting and creative. I’m going to post a link to it in the Forge forum. Keep up the good work. :!)

16. wololo says:

@xeology, noob81: true, I didn’t mention the psp1000, because I don’t think many people with a psp1000 have a reason to use HBL 🙂

@mtgrares: thanks, nice to see some Wagic related comment once in a while 🙂

17. n00b81 says:

@wololo: yeah I figured 😉 I directed that more at others to clear things up..

18. @wololo Of courwse we do us 1000 users use hbl all the time to hack our psps

19. jemina0514 says:

If i have 1000, ill use cfw instead of hbl to enable all homebrews and to play back ups..

20. Xeology says:

Ahh, well I fried my battery and am waiting on my pandora to arrive so I’m all sad here using HBL to play n64 lol. Thanks for the clarification though.

21. Dex says:

So X64 now works on 3000? Which make od X64?

22. Dex says:

Btw, just had a look at the list of working N64 roms on Daedalus R14. The games iv tested (and work) are:

MRC Racing
    Mario Kart 64
    Super Mario
    Banjo Kazooie (really slow. i suggest frameskip 5)
    Goldeneye

and a few others. I dont have my PSP on hand but i’ll update the list. Once again, i tested these my self using Rev95 on a 6.20 PSP 3000.

23. DjNick says:

Thanx wollo. i updated to 6.20 ..

24. Wolfdawg says:

Has anybody got Pokemon stadium to work?
    or at least Pokemon stadium 2?

what daedalus?, be sure it doesn’t crash before starting battle and it would help if you tested with the new HBL R96

25. Danny says:

@Brandonheat8………You dont have to post a link to us, just tell us what beta of daedalusx64 works.

26. Brandonheat8 says:

Well its a special version of daedalus x64 specifically made to work on hbl, go to google type in “Daedalus x64 hbl” and look for “Daedalusx64 for HBL [Updated]” link, there you will find a forum post with the version, when you launch it a blue screen will come up, just press Square to bypass it. Hope this helps people.

27. fLaSh says:

I LOVE HBL

28. So your telling me that a psp 1001 is cfw hackeble without a pandora and with 6.20?

29. utkarsh says:

i am using psp 3004 ofw 6.00, when i use hbl to play any homebrew,after sum time it starts flashing “do you want to quit the game” ( that appears on pressing PSbutton)….i am on rev 96…plz help…

30. wololo says:

@Noneofyourbuisness: you need a pandora. But I don’t see any good reason to use HBL over a CFW on a PSP 1000. Don’t get me wrong, I’m honored that even psp 1000 users use HBL, but I think it’s kinda pointless.

31. MR. :) says:

i use hbl on psp 1000
    and psp 3000
    i have hacked psp 2000 but sometimes it wont turn on and sometimes it does its kinda old 🙂

enyway nice to see hbl go so far

btw is there a way to make homebrews works on hbl that dont work on it ?
    i mean convert it or patch it :/

32. JulzDiesel says:

What is the diagnostic for the 2000, 3000 users stuck in 6.20? Do you think it will take too much time before a vulnerability such as the one found in the Go pops out? Is getting the OFW 6.20 dump the only problem or am I missing something?
    Rev 95 is already dandy hot, but it kinda bugs me to know that HBL probably won’t improve too much for 3000 6.20 users.

33. EnviraXII says:

dear wololo
    the work which u have done in the HBL project is simply awesome and faboulous.I am ur fan and love u very much for your works……..
    I wan to let u know that unlike some end users who always ask for more;your work in our community is appriciated more than anything else…….
    I am sure one day somebody will find a kernel exploit…….
    thanks 4 all ur works and plz continue what u and your team is up with.
    god bless u……..
    I am a psp 3004 user with firmware 6.20

34. SephitorPL says:

Will works on newest half byte loader go!tube answer fast

35. slayerdoctany says:

wololo is possible to launch metal slug 2/3 on hbl??

36. MaX_SLayeR says:

There must be some possible way to get syscall estimation to be better on 6.20 2000/3000, right? I mean, I have no problems with HBL right now but it sucks to know that not much more can be done with my 6.20 3000.

37. LeO says:

yay i just bought psp 1000 and a pandora battery whoohoo!! i will still use hbl for some reason after i install cfw!!

1. August 2, 2010

[…] Source: Wololo […]

2. August 2, 2010

[…] Wololo Tags: google_ad_width = 468; google_ad_height = 60; google_ad_format = "468x60_as"; […]