(devs only) Valentine: Half-Byte Loader port to the Patapon2 demo exploit

You may also like...

1. Skuad says:

niiiice ^^ but this time send it only on pspgen website !!

2. Dr. Soup says:

There’s somethin’ people may forget about: Before Sony patch this exploit and release a new firmware, they’re also looking in every demo for vulnerabilities. Not bad? I think it’s a waste.

3. rob3D says:

This would give me a reason to get a PSP go. The only reason I use a my PSP now is for emulation and Wagic on the go.

4. TioSolid says:

Outstading work Wololo! I was pretty sure something was comming because of all your tutorials. First your posts in the thread about this exploit in the “M for mature” (I guess) forum and after that, lots of good tutorials about exploits, Sparta SDK and stuff :P

Hope you guys can get into a working e-loader soon, at least before all the n00bs starting flaming around saying “WHY THIS THING DOES NOT WORK ON the firmware 6.21″ and that kind of stuff.

5. Fanjita says:

Wololo – check your email…

6. n00b81 says:

@ Dr. Soup – Don’t you think that’s why we didn’t want it released until the eloader was done?

7. zero233 says:

you are amazing Wololo, excellent job man. so should everyone be mad at malloxis for releasing it so early?

8. Tetris999 says:

Greets to wololo and all the psp dev’s that worked on this exploit; i hope that you guys can get the eloader working for this one. With that said and done, i’m still very happy (others as well) that you’re still working on this eloader without deterring yourselves from the fact that some people do not listen.

It’s great to see you guys still around on the psp scene and i’m sure a lot of people are happy with what you’re doing; thanks again :)

9. Dr. Soup says:

@n00b81
    I know, I originally wanted to comment on the previous article, but clicked the wrong one. I know you didn’t want it release.

10. sumedh (india) says:

i like what you guys are doing …………i hope that you guys develop a e-loder soon so that i can buy a go cuz ………here in india there is no psn card or online purchare so that psp go is like old ipod only vid am mp3

ps…………………good luck n keep up the good work

11. lucas netherlands says:

i hope that i can download psp games on my psp 3000
    ps……………………………sorry for my bad english

12. manzo says:

so i can downgrade from 6.2 using a pandora homebrew? I’m not so close to this hi-tech things, but i’m sure to hate the 6.2 firmware…

13. wololo says:

manzo: no, this is not for downgrading, this is for playing homebrew games on official firmware

14. mounzi says:

do you think that we can run an iso loader ? Because Many persons want it has not to be obliged to carry their games.
    ps : sorry for my bad english..

15. wololo says:

@mounzi: this post has the answer to your question:

16. abc says:

I dont understand how to play wagic on hbl.If I want to start my psp crashes.
    Do you already know the realease date of a version of wagic, witch is playable on hbl.

17. H@lo World says:

hi, wololo
    i found an tiff crash, which exists in jpeg compression of tiff.
    But it has an Breakpoint -_-” . I think it´s very difficult to find an exploit in this compression and i think it´s nearly the same way like CoD3r gets his crash. So i believe we shouldn search for vulnerabilitys in jpeg compression
    to the half byte loader of patapon exploit.
    aren´t we able to code and run something like a psp shell (for example irshell without iso support) ? And through this shell our homebrew?

18. wololo says:

regarding irshell: the issues would be the same as what we have now

19. wololo says:

@abc: the Version of Wagic that I run for the demo was slightly modified to run with HBL. I’m working hard to have Wagic running on HBL, but we’re not there yet, I can’t give a date.

20. D0nk3yPunch3r says:

homebrew without iso support OHHH i can here so many people crying i would love that pirates could just suck a fat one on that.

21. Hellnow says:

Can you send me the crash scan (with PSPLink) ?

22. me>I>me says:

I’ve got great news I have talked to Vettefan88 and he said that once you exploit user mode it is fairly simple to access the kearnal mode

23. sumedh (India) says:

i heard that iso can be runed on HBL as noob was in a forum said that i has to rin some patch to run iso get working on the HLB hote they revield it to the world pleeeeeease ity would be like wish come true

24. CosmicVortEx says:

UMD DUMPER 0.2 RUNS ON HBL r107 (model:- PSP 3004 v6.20)

25. gfhff says:

this post is dead…..

26. nana says:

help me with the process, i have downgraded my psp go to 6.20… please help

1. November 28, 2010

[...] of you probably heard of Half Byte Loader for the first time around April this year, when we released a port for the Patapon2 exploit. But did you know that the work on HBL started more than one year ago, back in 2009? And that the [...]

2. April 2, 2012

[...] which hopefully will keep going on, I’ve directly contributed to opening the PSP 3000, the PSP Go, and the PS Vita to homebrews, I’ve organized the biggest PSP homebrew competition ever, and [...]