Wagic 0.11 Released!

Note (2012/06/05): for some reason my server decided to redirect a bunch of urls to this page, apologies for that. Go to the home page or the wagic download page and you’ll find what you are looking for! Apologies for the inconvenience. Please update your bookmarks, thanks :)
I’m excited to announce a new version of Wagic today, version 0.11.1. We added so many new cards in this version that the numbers don’t make much sense anymore, so you will see that the main menu displays now 2 numbers: the number of cards, and the number of unique cards. Wagic 0.10 had roughly 5100 cards (4000 unique), and Wagic 0.11 ships with around 30 new sets for a total of more than 9300 cards (more than 4700 unique). So if we don’t count reprints, that’s more than 700 new cards for you to play with!

Many thanks go to the team of developers, who are the soul of this project, and to the people who helped during our alpha and beta tests.

What is Wagic?

Wagic is an heroic fantasy card game (currently available for the Sony PSP, Windows, and Linux) in which you fight as a sorcerer with your creatures and spells. As you win epic battles against the CPU, you earn credits that allow you to improve your army, unlock new cards and other game modes. Wagic is open source, community driven, and extremely customizable. It is available in English, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, and French.

Wagic is entirely fan-made, but is frequently compared to commercial games for its replay value and its graphics.

What’s new?

I wish I could summarize this release in a few words, but the truth is, this is once again a release packed with incredible new features. An amazing amount of new cards of course (who said “as usual”?), but also cool improvement such as the card filter, which (finally) allows you to tweak your shop experience, and browse your collection much more easily than before. Windows and Linux users will also love the new “key bindings” feature to be able to setup the keys of the game to their liking. This will also be useful for PSP players who want to switch their circle and cross buttons. Here’s a more complete changelog:

• More than 4000 new cards, of which 700 are unique. Wagic now has around 9400 cards (more than 4700 unique). Thanks to the card coders, especially Dr. Solomat!
    • New cards database system, which allows to code more cards faster and reduce the number of duplicate bugs (thanks Psyringe)
    • Filter system in the Shop and in the Deck Editor allow you to efficiently buy new cards and search your collection (thanks Jeck)
    • Key bindings to customize your keys (thanks Jean)
    • Simplified translation mechanism for cards
    • Shop improvements (Mixed boosters, price changes,improved booster flexibility)
    • New parser keywords: cantBeBlockedBy, power/toughness qualifiers for targets
    • New tasks in the tasks menu
    • Internal changes to fix compilation issues on linux 64bits and Mac. Wagic should now compile for these platforms with little work
    • Added support for HQ pictures on PC platforms

Download

Wagic started a few years ago as a small homebrew when I wanted to know a bit more about PSP Programming. It has now become a huge project that eats most of my free time, so if you want to show your support, donations are greatly appreciated!

Download here

Known issues

Wagic is under constant development, and we believe that players prefer to get new versions regularly rather than wait for a “perfect game” that would never see the day of light. We try to achieve a good quality and remove the most critical bugs before each release, but Wagic will never be perfect :) Check the list of issues here.

Additionally, you will see that translations are incomplete for most languages. It’s difficult for the translators to keep up with the daily changes we do, but I’m confident that language pack updates will be available soon on the forums.

Oh, and this release does not ship with a Linux or a Mac version, we are shorthanded and can’t maintain so many packages, so people who use these platforms have to compile the game themselves for the time being. We might upload binaries for these platforms in the days to come though.

1. MUD’s avatar

Thank You!
    I love this project.

2. Upaut’s avatar

It’s over 9000!

Err…sorry. Can’t wait to try this out after transferring my stuff over.

3. Lemunde’s avatar

“Added support for HQ pictures on PC platforms”

Woooo!!

4. Mewt Randell’s avatar

Congratulations to Wololo and the Wagic team! I’ve been waiting for Wagic’s update! It’s the best PSP homebrew i played!

5. NamYer’s avatar

Thanks a lot to Wololo & Wagic Team… One of the best ever! its the best! Thank you so much guys!

6. Weller’s avatar

Wololo, its time to marry you, ’cause this is the best homebrew I’ve ever seen so far! And it will be the best in the future, we all love it! Trust me!

7. Charles’s avatar

I love it, thank you for new version.

8. ken’s avatar

Such a great brew. I have been following this project since v2.0 Ice Age. Many thanks to the devs for a great game and so many promptly updates.

9. oDoCx’s avatar

Thank you! from the Philippines…. this homebrew rocks bigtime! ^^,

10. Abra’s avatar

V2.0 Ice Age was such a great release ^^ :D , well 0.11.1 is more than great…

Be sure to check all the nice updated themes available for this release….

Grü

Abra

11. EdgeCrusher’s avatar

Yay! This is worth the wait. Thank you wololo and the rest of the WTH team.

12. Capitán Mostaza’s avatar

Thank you so muck for your work Wololo. This is the best PSP homebrew… and it is better than most of the Sony official games.

Greetings from Spain.

13. FranAvalon’s avatar

Congrats, Wololo and the other members team!!!!

Wagic is growing very fast.

best wishes for all

Fran

14. Szei’s avatar

This looks great. Thank you for all the time and effort put into this update (to wololo and developers).

One question though, what does ‘power/toughness qualifiers for targets’ mean? A card can target creatures with certain toughness or powers?

15. wololo’s avatar

Szei: yes, exactly. power/toughness greater/lower than… type of cards… I don’t have examples in mind as I didn’t code this feature, psyringe did :)

16. Gera Souhi’s avatar

I have a question…can I transfer/use my save file from the past wagic version on this?

17. wololo’s avatar

Gera Souhi: yes. copy your folders “player”, “profiles”, and “settings” from 0.10.1 to 0.11.1, and it should copy all your save data

18. Oshita’s avatar

Yay, more wagic goodness (Heaps more cards =])

BTW, is the Maku exploit real?, cause seems dodgey…

19. SeeR’s avatar

Excellent work! Congratulations on producing a fantastic game. I can hardly play anything else on my PC or my PSP… so… can I requeest that you guys remove the “Time Sucking Vortex” from this game that steals ALL of my free time? J/K ^_^

20. atheneus’s avatar

Great! I love this game & I love you guys!!!
    Thanks for your GOOD WORKING!!!

21. disastergames’s avatar

Sorry,but where can I find the database card of this new version?
    I need to edit a card and I can not find.

Thx guys, this is the best HB for psp.

22. disastergames’s avatar

already found the database
    ;)

23. Nickolas’s avatar

Wololo you are a great coder.I really like your projects.Just one question.Does programming in Visual Basic differ a lot from the programms you use?I would like to code psp stuff and i could help you a bit but i can only code stuff like web browsers and calendars for pc.Nothing more.Which programm do you use?

Sorry for my terrible English,I am Greek

Nickolas

24. yoshiFail’s avatar

Thanks for this fantastic game and greetings from holland =)

25. Sinht’s avatar

an multiplayer mode in cooperation with http://www.prometheus.uk.to would be great

for annother questions send me a mail

1. MUD’s avatar

lol, forget home brew multi player would make Wagic the best PSP game of all time.

26. SpecialKaze’s avatar

It is FANTASTIC!! just what i was looking for PSP! i am glad that homebrews like this exist

27. Luis’s avatar

hello when i’m trying to open wagic for windows gives me an error msvcp100.dll not found and msvcr100.dll not found how can i fix that?
    But in latest versions that error not apeares

1. wololo’s avatar

You need to download the visual c++ runtimes, there is a link on the wagic download page.

1. Itachi’s avatar

perdone buenas tardes he estado buscando y buscando pero no encuentro nada y le queria hacer una pregunta; ya descargue parte de las imagenes de las cartas y las tengo en archivo .rar y las descomprimi y se pasaron a carpeta mi pregunta es… ¿donde debo meter esas carpetas o archivos .rar para que se vean en el juego las imagenes. Muchas gracias por el wagic esta hermoso, tengo el 50 % de todas las cartas XD

28. Snow93’s avatar

Just release those Files, I cant wait any longer :P

29. James Fritz’s avatar

This home brew is really good and I am glad that my friend introduced me to it.

I hope that someday the packs when you use credits in the store option, will randomize properly, instead of getting 3 of the same card in a pack.I missed the old days of the actual artwork on the cards, but the game plays good.

Hopefully all the cards in this game will get represented someday.

Perhaps some Commander options would be good for deck testing.

Whatever you can legally do to make the game better right.

Making the search for cards in the virtual binder, faster and same with the loading up of the packs once purchased with credit at the store option, would be great.

Would be nice to see cards like Nether Void and Mana Drain get made and used in this game.

Vintage can be fun playing against the AI.

Perhaps a drafting option will happen someday against other AI opponents.

30. aronlove’s avatar

Thanks to everyone who is involved in this project. I have been enjoying WTH for the past 3 months and am working on coding my own cards now. I would like to get a list of all the available abilities/auto functions. I have the card coding instructions from the site but it seems a bit outdated. Is there a way to get one that reflects the newer builds? Thanks again and keep up the good work!!