Heads up: Humble Monthly this month gets you Dark Souls III + Ashes of Ariandel DLC + over $100 of games for $12. Offer ends March 2nd.

Wizards of the Coast threatening their fans again?

1. Niegen says:

I personnaly quit paper mtg in ’99, due to time issues, and went back to mtgo in 2006. I still play mtgo quite a bit, but I appreciate the possibility to play on my PSP to play in the subway while going to work.

Wagic did not make me “buy” more wotc product, but it did not prevent me from buying any either.

2. Saint says:

I actually started playing magic again after 10 years wen i found wagic so i really do think fan made games encourage buying the actual game again.
    And if they want us to not play freeware fanmade games then don’t make there own online magic game so dmn expensive (or atleast send the actual cards to you wen you buy a “online booster pack”)

3. lattenwald says:

“Real” (paper) MTG is really fun. I considered playing it seriously, but I decided to print cards myself as soon as I found out that every new release makes some old set obsolete. I am not a working horse, and MTG without paper is just an information. You cannot steal information: when tiy get it, noone looses it.

Note for Wizards of the Coast: Wagic made my friend to by 2 zendikar starter packs two weeks ago, and two more packs yesterday. This is true.

Note2: I am playing with “pirated” self-printed cards. Go get me in Russia, Moscow.

4. lattenwald says:

s/by/buy/

5. lattenwald says:

s/tiu/you/

6. yyoossk says:

Please watch?this video

Phantasy Star Portable2 DEMO has a SAVE DATA bug
    YOUTUBE ? watch?v=HoaWUIWtW5M

7. wololo says:

@yyoossk: This looks exactly like the one in Phantasy Star Portable that you found a few months ago. It is not surprising that they are re-using the save data algorithms.

Try to look with PSPLink but I’m pretty sure it will not give more results than with the previous Phantasy Star crash 🙁

Other people can give it a try since you give the savedata link in the youtube video 🙂

8. Elfo says:

““Real” (paper) MTG is really fun. I considered playing it seriously, but I decided to print cards myself as soon as I found out that every new release makes some old set obsolete. ”

Yeah, exactly what i did. MTG was a great game, very balanced, by the times of 4th, 5th editions. I played with real cards that time, have a shoe box full of them. Then, WotC decided to f*** the balance launching cards that make exactly the same of the old cards with low costs, abandoned the color caracteristics, created cards like “Turn the card and win the game”…

So i started to print cards by myself too, banning the overpowered cards.

I’ve said before: WotC should buy the MTG forge and WTH projects and pay their developers, building a “official” version and making money of it =)

9. Upaut says:

I’ll admit it, I ended up making a “real” Sliver deck after playing Wagic for a while, out of cards my friends happened to have, since I haven’t played “real” MtG since the Portal expansion was released and SIMPLIFIED darn near everything to the point of…well, it just sucked, okay?

I still miss TSR, as DDO feels like such a cookie cutter MMO. I spent maybe a week or two and all I saw in the chat screen were comparisons with WoW. I’m already turned off of WoW due to WoWtards (those creeps who 90%+ of their conversations are about WoW) and disgusting commercialism (if I see just one more commercial on the tele, I’m going to find a way to sue for psychological damages).

@Elfo: I think one of the worst cards that a friend of mine actually uses is Platinum Angel (Cost:7, artifact creature, flying, ability: you can’t lose the game and opponents can’t win the game). Quite disgusting, isn’t it?

Oh, and as a bit of shameless plugging, LotusVault.com buys/sells “real” MtG cards. Their based in Minnesota, so those of you outside the US might have better luck finding another site (not trying to be rude about it).

10. Szei says:

I quit MTG for 5 years before I found Wagic. After playing Wagic for a few months, I got some of my friends interested in MTG again (we all quit at around the same time). The six of us who hadn’t bought a single card for at least 5 years started making proxy decks and, after a 3 or 4 months, bought the cards for our best proxies. Our combined purchases easily netted WotC $500+. So, let’s back up for a moment. Why was it that we purchased MTG cards from WotC? Because my friends and I got into Wagic. Yes, Wagic made WotC $500 and they didn’t have to do anything.

Of course, the idea is that WotC might make a PSP MTG game and that people will play Wagic instead. If that’s the concern, then why not leech free money off Wagic for now and wait to shut it down until after an official MTG game is released? However, I find it the case that while some people will just be content with a homebrew (and a great homebrew at that), many will be inclined to purchase the official version as well. Wagic will remain an advertising tool even if WotC endorsed MTG game is released. Furthermore, while I disapprove of piracy, anyone who does play Wagic has a hacked PSP. What is the biggest draw to hacking one’s PSP? Homebrew? No. Pirated games. A large majority of people who play Wagic will just download WotC’s game anyway. Therefore, the only people that WotC will lose business from due to Wagic would be people who are content to play Wagic and who are not pirates.

Personally, I would purchase a MTG game if Wizards ever released one AND would continue to play Wagic. There are benefits to an official game just as there and benefits to a homebrew game.

Official game:
    o Better UI (although Wagic’s UI is becoming quite good)
    o Less glitches
    o More fluid gameplay

Wagic:
    o Constant flow of custom content
    o Modifiable to match individual player’s desires
    o User input considered!
    – With a ceaseless flow of user suggestions that the programmers actually listen to, Wagic incorporates (is incorporating) features that players want. A PSP game made by WotC will not update and add new content based on players’ requests after the game is released.
    o Wagic will continue to get better!
    – This ties into the point above, an official game will remain stagnant after it is released)

11. zeyro666 says:

hi wololo, man this sucks that the forge got that letter. i played forge before, but (unfortunately) i am a VERY visual person, and i could not do anything really, which is when i found wagic, which i play because its great and visual.

ill also say that if anything, playing it has increased my interest in magic. some of the cards that i have gotten in wagic i went and got in real life too.
    (hear that, wizards? i gave you money BECAUSE OF this simulated game.)

anyway, since mostly nothing ever causes me to comment, i’ll also add that you do GREAT work, i am really having fun with wagic. you really have given to the mtg community, and did a really great job on this fun game!

12. playing Java games has been my past time these days`.*

13. sometimes i play so much java games that i loss track of time `:-

14. Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic but I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring a blog article or vice-versa? My website discusses a lot of the same subjects as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other. If you might be interested feel free to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Terrific blog by the way!

15. I love your writing style! MARRY ME!

16. Together with every little thing that seems to be building inside this specific subject material, all your opinions are very radical. Even so, I am sorry, but I can not subscribe to your entire theory, all be it exhilarating none the less. It seems to us that your remarks are generally not completely validated and in simple fact you are yourself not even completely convinced of the point. In any event I did enjoy examining it.

17. You have a terrific blog here! would you like to make some invite posts on my blog?

18. brindes says:

Great post. I was checking continuously this weblog and I’m impressed! Very useful information specifically the closing phase 🙂 I deal with such info much. I used to be looking for this certain information for a long time. Thanks and best of luck.

19. BG mail says:

fantastic post, very informative. I wonder why the other specialists of this sector don’t understand this. You should continue your writing. I am sure, you have a huge readers’ base already!

20. Good post. I be taught something tougher on totally different blogs everyday. It is going to at all times be stimulating to learn content from other writers and apply a bit of one thing from their store. I’d prefer to make use of some with the content on my weblog whether or not you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link on your internet blog. Thanks for sharing.

21. Hi! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog. Is it very difficult to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I’m thinking about creating my own but I’m not sure where to begin. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? With thanks

22. Yo Dude… I am not much into reading, but somehow I read lots of ur articles on your blog. It’s great how interesting your homepage is. I will be coming by once in a while.

23. Really nice style and design and wonderful subject material , nothing else we want : D.