The Latest PSP Firmware unbreakable? Let me doubt that…

You may also like...

1. S1mm3 says:

A question:

let’s say you hackers hacked the 3000 and made a CFW for it, let’s say it is this OFW (6.00), then sony released a new OFW let’s say (6.01) does that mean you have to work again to exploit it ? or maybe you only have to include the features of the (6.01) into the (6.00) ?

sorry for this question, you know I am not a hacker, but trying to be so =:D

2. Unpro says:

How are you sure this isn’t exploitable? don’t we have to wait until someone makes 6.00 cfw and then run psplink?

3. wololo says:

@S1mm3: it depends on the hack, but generally, yes. Since the hacks exploit a vulnerability in Sony’s firmware, they usually patch it when they believe it hurts their market. They do that with a new update for their firmware, so the hunt for bugs/exploits has to start again

@Unpro: I found this vulnerability on firmware 5.00. I actually think it’s been here for a while. So myself and other devs (more skilled than me) were able to test it on 5.00, and we believe it is not exploitable. I don’t want to release the file for people to test it, since last time I did that, the file ended up being used for stupid fakes.

4. wololo says:

The right people have had access to the files. I won’t distribute it publicly, since last time I did that, it led to stupid fakes. see: http://wololo.net/wagic/2009/05/13/libtiff-crash-on-550/

Again, it’s pretty sure this is not exploitable.

5. Dikkat says:

Please Give the mp3 files:):)

6. smith says:

we will be waiting for any tiny hope to install cfw on psp 3000 5.50
    thanks

7. U3Robot says:

8. Castigra says:

“”””Make it yourself! It’s easy. There is 256 mp3 files. First file have wwwww… caption. The other have wwwwwww…….TPE1 caption.””””

Other example, please.

9. coolrain says:

Good job man~!

10. Unpro says:

*sighs*

if its not exploitable why does everyone want it so bad… i think this is a case of reverse phycology, say they can’t have the files so they want them.

11. unpro2 says:

stupid me. i updated my psp slim to cfw 6.01.. is there any way i can downgrade it?.. pls help.. T_T

12. indrora says:

@unpro2:
    Yep, go use a pandora (0xFFFFFFFF) battery and an MMS, reflash to 5.00M33-6 from a PSP-Grader and go :)

13. unpro2 says:

whew.. tnx for uplifting my spirit.. lol..

14. unpro2 says:

wait, wait.. does this mean that releasing this latest ofw.. they didn’t fixed the hacking thing about pandora?… i was heard this latest ofw(6.01).. have you tried downgrading from 6.01 to a lower cfw?.. or do you know someone?.. tnx..

15. wololo says:

@unpro2: Sony can’t fix the pandora vulnerability with software. The vulnerability exists in Hardware. As long as you have a “pandorizable” PSP, you will always be able to downgrade from OFW.

16. unpro2 says:

wow.. thanks once again.

17. Faisal says:

hey I got a PSP 2004 Slim .. well stupid me too cuz I upgraded it to OFW 6.10 … and is there any way I can downgrade it to CFW 5.50 or sumfin?? HELP!?

thanks..

18. wololo says:

@Faisal: it depends on the model of your motherboard: if you have a ta88v3, you’re sc***. Otherwise, no problem to downgrade, you can buy a pandora battery and create a magic memory stick pretty easily.
    Google for ta88v3 to understand if you have such a motherboard

19. Faisal says:

@wololo: thanks man! I had an idea but now i’m sure :D .. emm one more thing or rather 2 more things :P

1. the motherboard how to check ill try my best to check I can find..
    2. the magic memory stick! well is the memory card formatable and be used again for other stuff after its been converted to magic memory stick?

ps. I got the tutorial n all on how to make memorycard to magic and how to downgrade it from ofw 6.10 just want to know about thoes 2 points if you can help..

thanks agn..

20. Faisal says:

wow my I checked my psp’s box and it has the letter ‘G’ that mean its freakin ta88v3 isnt it :( .. pls pls do let me know if its confirmed that ‘G’ means its ta88v3 and i’m sc***!

21. wololo says:

The only way to be 100% sure is to test with a pandora battery, but if your psp has this letter ‘G’ and originally came with a firmware 4.01 or higher, it’s probably a ta88v3.

If I were you I’d get a Pandora battery and a DC8 kit (borrow it from a friend and/or get it on the internet, the former method is recommended), and try it. it’s the only way to be 100% sure.

22. perp says:

plz plz help me i have psp 3000 6.10 can i downgrade it???? plz plz

23. wololo says:

no you can’t for now.

1. October 10, 2009

[…] what? Well, you do whatever is needed to reproduce your crash. In my case, I have an mp3 file that crashes the PSP, so on my PSP I go to the music menu, and try to play the […]