Eggsclusive: the tiff exploit works on all models! (yes, 3000 too)

You may also like...

1. Fibertek says:

word… Im still using a vader-style 2000 but I have a bunch of people at work that suckered to get 3000’s after they came out..there’s hope for these folks yet :)

2. VirgilX says:

3. inkubux says:

This is the gift of the goddess

4. amorphophallus says:

whatta beautiful! (kitten too)

5. mupengju says:

congratulations to you?
    your friend?mupengju

6. leetang says:

good news for us
    bad news for SONY

7. leetang says:

Good night··The time is 23:54 in China.

8. psp says:

3000 was to break the V3 we will remember it? Hope you answer

9. lanyudidi says:

you are so cute for explaining why you want pspers to comment in english not in chinese~~~~
    but i really want to know that
    how do you get the materials for hacking psp?

10. NyghtcrawleR says:

So we are getting closer to ad-hoc being worked on/thought about implementing soon if this allows you some homebrew goodness on your 3000 are we Wololo? :)

11. wololo says:

@NyghtcrawleR: definitely! When the HEN is out, first thing I’ll work on is having Wagic to run on it (in case it is not already compatible). When this is done, I’ll start working on network features!

@lanyudidi: I have 2 PSPs, a Phat and a 3000. The architecture being very similar, I do most of my research on the PSP Phat, and usually, any firmware hack found on the Phat will work on the 3000 too. I have no extra hardware, except a USB cable to plug my PSP to the computer. For the rest, I mainly use PSPLink, which is open source software (you can find it on ps2dev.org)

12. NyghtcrawleR says:

HEN cant come soon enough! haha

13. jeerum says:

wololo, who confirm that tiff kernel exploit is real?

14. wololo says:

The tiff exploit is not a kernel exploit. The tiff exploit is what led to the Hello World, and is different from the Kernel exploit Davee is working on. In the end however, the HEN will need to use both the User exploit (to start) and the Kernel exploit (to access useful functions).

Also I am not directly in contact with Davee so I can’t confirm if the Kernel exploit is real or not. however he has a good reputation and was involved in the tiff (user) exploit as well, so I trust him.

15. jeerum says:

but have we some tutorial, how find kernel mode exploits?

16. wololo says:

Nope, no tutorials… :(

17. jeerum says:

but i have found this. poc, but kmode :)
    we can use this fo study

18. Arash says:

Lol i typed wololo.net/egg expecting an easter egg and i got this page :P was not disappointed ! ahh the memories of the tiff exploit :D

1. May 27, 2009

[…] work relies on a tiff user mode exploit (that has been patched in firmware 5.50), and on a Kernel exploit that he found. Usually, when such a vulnerability is made public, Sony reacts quickly and they fix the issues, […]