Wagic 0.5.1 Ready for download!
For the first time, I didn’t announce the release of this new version on my blog but on a different website.
The reason is that I came across the Neoflash Spring competition a few days ago and decided to give a try at this contest with Wagic.
Apparently, anyone can vote, so if you want to try new homebrew games AND show your support to whichever one is your favorite (hint: it starts with a “W” 😉 ), it’s a great opportunity. No, seriously, there seems to be great games this year too!
This contest is also the reason why this version is probably not as polished as I wished, because I had to compile and test in a hurry (Note that I didn’t do a public beta this time, but many thanks to Dr.Solomat and leungclj for their help! I promiss, I won’t do last minute stuff like that again).
We already found a few bugs in this release, some of them that have been here for ages, other ones that are new, but nothing that prevents the game from being playable, and nothing that prevents it to be even better than the previous version. Anyways, if you find bugs, you know you can yell at me.
So what’s in this release?
Well, first, it seems it’s not always clear what this game does, so let’s start with a quick reminder:
Wagic is an heroic-fantasy game in which you battle as a sorcerer against your PSP. It is based on the rules of a very famous collectible card game. In Wagic, you create a deck of creatures and spell cards, then play with this deck against the AI’s decks. As you win battles, you earn credits that you can spend in the Shop to buy more cards and improve your deck.
Changelog for version 0.5.1:
- More than 300 new cards, including news Sets (Lorwyn, Invasion, Mirage). Special Thanks to Dr.Solomat and leungclj!
- A new difficulty mode has been added… but you need to unlock it, and I won’t tell you how ^_^ (congrats to the first one who’ll get access to the difficult mode)
- Bug fixes for persist, shroud, Ardakar wastes, Ankh of Mishra, Ascendant Evincar, Castle, Dingus Egg, Druid of the Anima, Farmstead, icatian priest, Spirit weaver, Kird Ape, Sedge Troll, Unsummon, …
- New parser keywords:foreach(see plague rats in RV) and aslongas(see blanchwood armor in 10E)
- The AI can now use a few activated abilities. Actually, most of them (except mana abilities that are not on lands), but with no strategy yet 🙂